St Mirren to win the league

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, agreed on all counts. Can't imagine Hilson's deal being extended and Duffy was a total waste of a signing (never saw that coming...)

I'm a bit confused as to why Jack signed Duffy to be honest, he's played about 4 mins actual game time and one or two development games.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is capable of beating everyone else in this League but two things give me some optimism. First is that we are still stop although performances have nose-dived - winning when not playing well is a habit we have not gone through in a long time. Second is Jack played a in blinder last January's transfer window and I think we can do so again this January. We have some dosh in the bank and I can see a wee overhaul coming up. Ok three things give me some optimism :) . Three of our best players have still to get back into the team ie Davis, MacKenzie and Magennis.  It was good to see Magennis start on Saturday however with little training under his belt it will take a few games to get up to speed but good to see one of them returning.

53 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just take your time.

I said "beginning" to sound like.....

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Interestingly, both times we've gone up in recent memory, I think the belief was that we were operating a season ahead of expectations.

I agree with you - I think this season will be a tall order - but we have confounded expectations before.

We have just entered  the 2nd quarter of the season. You're doing well, but titles are not won in October. Calm down

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I said "beginning" to sound like.....

We have just entered  the 2nd quarter of the season. You're doing well, but titles are not won in October. Calm down

:lol: That's a massive leap there. Bloody hell.

"I think this will be a tall order." <<< arrogance dripping from every pore, right enough.

52 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

I can only assume he was expecting Sutton to move on

I would expect that might well have been the case. If Duffy is not going to be used then it makes sense to ship him out in January, and strengthen the squad with players who are going to be involved.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd completely forgot that Darryl Duffy signed for St Mirren until reading this thread :lol:

I'm sure Jim Duffy is already lining up a sensational January swoop.

I genuinely keep forgetting as well. Inexplicable signing for any team at our level.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol: That's a massive leap there. Bloody hell.

"I think this will be a tall order." <<< arrogance dripping from every pore, right enough.

1 hour ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

Easy 3 points against the unwashed... as i predicted last season, once we stayed up (which of course we did) We'd be back in our rightful place (which we are).

Yeah, massive  leap :lol:

Will you be spending money this January or taking last January's approach of pretending you didn't spend any money?

We'll probably do our usual and have a turn over of 11 players, after all we need to prepare for next season early.

You will probably benefit from our cast offs. We are generous that way.

[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Archived