Fox Hunting

Ludo*1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This seems like political suicide from May so close to an election, I know there's a lot of posh arseholes who are in favour of fox hunting but surely these are the type of people who already vote Tory.

I was going to post something similar. Although I don't think it's political suicide as such I'm not sure what the Tories have to gain from this. From what I can remember the banning on fox hunting had overwhelming support amongst the general public. In saying that the actual enforcement of the ban has been an utter joke.

26 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Yes you're right. I am sure that every time a shot makes contact with a fox it results in an instant, pain free death....

Pretty much, aye. Given the caliber of the gun, and the standard practice for bringing the fox into the open. Beyond that there are a number of non lethal practices for keeping foxes away from places you don't want them to go.

Hunting is an abominably cruel way of killing a fox. Like all canines it's fight or flight instinct is highly developed, and once in the chase it's pumping so much adrenaline as to be crazed, it runs and runs and runs until it is literally a broken animal, physically and mentally, and then it is torn apart. Alive.

There is no justification, none, for bringing back this practice.

If it's so humane let's not waste money on vets putting our terminally ill pets down with injections....much better to chase them for miles round the countryside and then have a pack of hounds rip them apart while they are still alive....

19 minutes ago, dogmc said:

If it's so humane let's not waste money on vets putting our terminally ill pets down with injections....much better to chase them for miles round the countryside and then have a pack of hounds rip them apart while they are still alive....

You can even make money from it. Double boost...

17 minutes ago, dogmc said:

That's an idea but why stop at pets.
There's a few auld c**ts that deserve the same treatment.
Phil the Greek comes tae mind.

Who let the dogs out

13 hours ago, Paco said:

She could never say it in as many words, of course, but it appears Theresa May and the Conservative Party are really trying to "Make Britain Great Again". Back to the good ol' days where the scummy working class were kept quiet, Johnny Foreigner couldn't get into the country, the Europeans were at arms length and if you wanted to go out and watch a fox get murdered then by jingo, you went ahead and done it. 

So that's what fox hunting is all  about.

4 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Do fox numbers not need to be kept down anyway? Why pay folk to control numbers if people want to do it for free?

You could be on to something here. The poverty gap needs closing. Why pay civil servants to sort out tax rates why not just make burglary legal for band G and H houses. That'd be a laugh.

3 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

This seems like political suicide from May so close to an election, I know there's a lot of posh arseholes who are in favour of fox hunting but surely these are the type of people who already vote Tory.

The figure I heard quoted in C4 News was 84% of the public were in favour of keeping the ban, so I'm not really sure what she has to gain from it. You'd imagine the majority of the 16% who want to remove the ban already intend to vote Tory. There's also the risk that political opponents can use this as a stick to beat her with i.e. bringing this to the forefront shows that she doesn't have her priorities right.

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

A high powered rifle shot to the leg is going to kill a fox instantly?

Never been shot in the hand by the AWP in counterstrike

There's also the risk that political opponents can use this as a stick to beat her with i.e. bringing this to the forefront shows that she doesn't have her priorities right.

Her main opponent is sadly an incompetent buffoon.

I don't mind people shooting foxes if it's to control numbers. As far as I'm aware, the fox doesn't have any natural predators in the UK - so shooting them when the numbers are too high, to keep intact the ecological balance, is fine by me.

Fox hunting on the other hand is a vile, cruel "sport." Flushing out foxes with a pack of hounds and then watching the dogs tear the fox to death - that's just absolutely shite banter. I can only imagine what kind of person you must be to enjoy watching that.

I'm amazed May has come out publicly in support of fox hunting. It's incredibly unlikely to win her any votes but instead potentially lose her thousands. Even the working class who are blindly voting Tory could be turned by the thought of fox hunting.

15 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

They are vermin and need controlled.

Foxes are guid c***s though.

They are really not though. (I get the joke but) Foxes are horribly cruel and dangerous animals that absolutely should be controlled. The way to do it however isn't with some "Tally Ho" clowns in red jackets on horses jumping through people's gardens as they feel like it.Banning fox hunting with dogs was the right thing to do and it's still the right thing to do. I've no idea what May thinks she's going to gain by suggesting otherwise as, generally speaking, the people who will think that's a good idea are probably already Conservative voters anyway. It can only hurt to some probably marginal extent their chances in some constituencies. Is this actually a stated Conservative policy somewhere or just private speculation?

The whole thing is something else to talk about, and nicely deflects, from a Conservative perspective, from the fact that May is completely incapable of basic human interaction.

If you're for fox hunting, you're a certified c**t.

Could be a watershed moment for voters to finally start looking at Tory policy. Nothing good can come of announcing intent to vote on fox hunting, which is good news in itself.

Archived