New Kits for 17/18

Atlético Madrid 3rd
IMG_7851.JPG.a81b52097bba6fe9dfcb9b4c432b1c38.JPG
IMG_7852.JPG.505f20681df459f658c7fc102936fcc7.JPG

I don't know if it's just me getting old and forgetting it's always been this way, but has the last 10 yrs been the era of 'the template kit'?

Probably just me but despite some cool kits still being delivered, does anyone else find adidas and nike's dominance of the market and laziness in the design department a bit boring?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That template really is awful. I take it Nike tell these clubs they're having it rather than them choosing it themselves. Can't see them voluntarily going for something so generic these days. I expect it be flooding pub leagues everywhere soon enough though.

I don't know if it's just me getting old and forgetting it's always been this way, but has the last 10 yrs been the era of 'the template kit'?

Probably just me but despite some cool kits still being delivered, does anyone else find adidas and nike's dominance of the market and laziness in the design department a bit boring?

I think it's probably a bit of both. Certainly I'm starting to think that as i get older the kits are less and less unique to each club.

My only assumption is with the explosion of replica kit sales over the last few years it's probably much easier to mass produce one design in any number of colour variants.

That template really is awful. I take it Nike tell these clubs they're having it rather than them choosing it themselves. Can't see them voluntarily going for something so generic these days. I expect it be flooding pub leagues everywhere soon enough though.

Any Scottish club which currently has Nike will be wearing this crap next season. Either the jigsaw template or the template with the arms slightly lighter than the rest of the kit.

You'd have thought the more a club earns in sales, the more ability they'd have to get bespoke designs. Evidentially not.

Macron is clearly where it's at, though.

On 11/09/2017 at 21:28, 8MileBU said:

In the 70's, 80's and 90's teams all wore the same template. There were rarely any exceptions. Look at pictures from those eras. Teams also kept their strip for at least three seasons too.

In particular the adidas and umbro kits from 1977 to 1990 were belters though. There was a sharp decline in the 90's and 00's though. The last five or six years I think have been better.

Archived