Henry McClelland

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39864684

Over 4000 football bets. Serious gambling problem obviously. Some sympathy but suspect he can forget about being involved in football in the near future IF found guilty. 

He may be gambling in other places too but does this not stretch back to 2011? I'm not sure 4000 bets in six years necessarily points to a serious problem. I was a little confused by the suggestion on Sportsound that betting against his team might be hedging against having to pay out win bonuses - unless I'm missing something I don't think that hedge is going to have much success.

As long as you don't bet on your own team, I honestly don't see the problem. Hard enough 1 man, influencing 1 game, let alone 9/10/11. Of the SFA want to make a stand on betting, then they need to look elsewhere at their sponsors. Double standards??

Guest bernardblack

**Frantically checking if all annans games were to be void, who would win the league!**

As long as you don't bet on your own team, I honestly don't see the problem. Hard enough 1 man, influencing 1 game, let alone 9/10/11. Of the SFA want to make a stand on betting, then they need to look elsewhere at their sponsors. Double standards??

It's not really a shock is it.
It's common knowledge.
Wonder what the SNP will be saying about this ????????

He may be gambling in other places too but does this not stretch back to 2011? I'm not sure 4000 bets in six years necessarily points to a serious problem. I was a little confused by the suggestion on Sportsound that betting against his team might be hedging against having to pay out win bonuses - unless I'm missing something I don't think that hedge is going to have much success.

It's not really, well I don't think it is. I spend maybe £10-£15 a week at the bookies. Usually on about 5/6 bets. Over the course of a few year it all adds up to a ridiculous amount, that's without taking into consideration all the daft small value one off ones too.

It's not really a shock is it.
It's common knowledge.
Wonder what the SNP will be saying about this [emoji848][emoji848]

In all seriousness... why would the SNP say anything? Gambling isn't illegal or the problem here it's only a problem because he's involved in football.

They count 1 accumulator with 10 teams as 10 bets. Its not a lot if you're looking at it like that.

The rule is a joke. Why shouldn't boys playing in the lowland league be allowed to have a bet on the champions league. As long as its not a league/cup they're playing in, it should be allowed.

But he did bet against his own team!!!

They count 1 accumulator with 10 teams as 10 bets. Its not a lot if you're looking at it like that.
The rule is a joke. Why shouldn't boys playing in the lowland league be allowed to have a bet on the champions league. As long as its not a league/cup they're playing in, it should be allowed.

Really? Well id be well into the thousands. [emoji23]

Archived