SJFC V PTFC 13/5/17

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hope for a reaction after that pathetic last 10 minutes on Sunday, but then again, we've not really got anything riding on this one whilst St Johnstone can officially secure 4th with a victory, so I think our winning streak at McDiarmid will run out here.

5 wins in a row in Perth would be excellent though, especially considering we didn't win there for the previous 30-odd years. But just can't see it this time.

I knocked back a ticket for the Swansea end, down at The Stadium of Light for this...

I expect a thrilling encounter with Thistle edging it by the odd goal in seven.

Spoiler

0-0 <_<

15 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Its 80's day so the away support will feel at home. ;)

590f4fc4d7caa798553948.jpg

Why we just cannot have games of football without a theme I don't know!

Not sure what's worse, those graphics or the idea of having an 80's day. 

I'll be massively disappointed if either side even attempts to play any kind of nice football. 

Its 80's day so the away support will feel at home. [emoji6]

590f4fc4d7caa798553948.jpg

Why we just cannot have games of football without a theme I don't know!

Are we going to play a team of part-timers in a ramshackle stadium in front of a few hundred folk?

Hopefully we can do better over the full 90 then we have in previous home games against Thistle. Davidson being out for the season is a blow especially as we were overrun in midfield in the last couple of games. Wondered if Wright would have been tempted to play a 5 man midfield but not sure that's an option with the players available

Mannus/Clark

Foster Shaunassey Anderson Easton

Alston Paton Craig Swanson

MacLean Cummins

I'd rather we did play 5 in midfield against Thistle. We always seem to make the same mistakes against Thistle at McDiarmid Park. We start with 4 against their 5, they overrun us and either score or take control of the game. We then make an adjustment and bring ourselves back into the game.

Just start with 5 in midfield Tommy. it's ok - we'll forgive you.

Mannus/Clark

Foster Anderson Shaughnessy Easton

Wotherspoon

Maclean

Wotherspoon dropping in as and when required.

I'd rather we did play 5 in midfield against Thistle. We always seem to make the same mistakes against Thistle at McDiarmid Park. We start with 4 against their 5, they overrun us and either score or take control of the game. We then make an adjustment and bring ourselves back into the game.
Just start with 5 in midfield Tommy. it's ok - we'll forgive you.
Mannus/Clark
Foster Anderson Shaughnessy Easton
Wotherspoon
Maclean
Wotherspoon dropping in as and when required.

If we played that line up, I'd want Wotherspoon playing Millar's role deeper in the midfield. Otherwise move Alston in the middle and Wotherspoon wide. It's not the most "solid" looking midfield but I suppose gives us a better chance of keeping the ball.

Archived