Angus Robertson

Im_Rodger

That's a pretty horrible thing to say, even more so given how delicate and troubled you are. You and your friends on here are sounding like bullies.

Hit the report button.
Bullying online is unacceptable.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

That's a pretty horrible thing to say, even more so given how delicate and troubled you are. You and your friends on here are sounding like bullies.

He really is a c**t of the first order. There's just no need for the offensive, insulting language he spews out on here.

He's an inadequate, obnoxious asshole.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He really is a c**t of the first order. There's just no need for the offensive, insulting language he spews out on here.

He's an inadequate, obnoxious asshole.

f**k off.

:)

• 1 month later...

Ian Blackford elected Westminster leader and Kirsty Blackman deputy leader.

Are they not a bit diddy or am I being harsh and overreacting? eek.png

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Ian Blackford elected Westminster leader and Kirsty Blackman deputy leader.

Are they not a bit diddy or am I being a harsh and overreacting? eek.png

I am biased, so my opinion won't carry the same weight as neutral observers, however what I would say is Ian Blackford is an excellent constituency MP. He carved out a very success career in the financial sector, is a good common 's performer and has the respect of his fellow MP's. Time will tell if he will be a good Westminster leader, I believe he will be.

Kirsty is a very bright lassie with a great future. I've no doubt she'll grow into the role.  

17 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I am biased, so my opinion won't carry the same weight as neutral observers, however what I would say is Ian Blackford is an excellent constituency MP. He carved out a very success career in the financial sector, is a good common 's performer and has the respect of his fellow MP's. Time will tell if he will be a good Westminster leader, I believe he will be.

Kirsty is a very bright lassie with a great future. I've no doubt she'll grow into the role.  

I'll admit to not really knowing much of them or really remembering any speeches in Parliament or the media, so hopefully they do well. Replacing folk like Robertson and Salmond is always going to be difficult.

Who was deputy previously? I honestly can't recall.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I'll admit to not really knowing much of them or really remembering any speeches in Parliament or the media, so hopefully they do well. Replacing folk like Robertson and Salmond is always going to be difficult.

Who was deputy previously? I honestly can't recall.

Stewart Hosie, who after his carry on garnered very little respect from anyone.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Can be viewed as a sop to the constituencies lost up north, a tack to the right or both. None of this is encouraging.

Looks like they want to keep giving higher profile positions to northern MP's. With Shepherd and Cherry you're centralising  it all again. Need to spread it out 

Good move in my opinion. Not as good as having Angus though. 

He resigned as SNP deputy leader not of the Westminster group, if memory serves me correctly.

Correct.

I'd think a vote for a new deputy leader will be forthcoming as well - IIRC you need to be a MP, MSP, MEP or a Cllr to hold that post.

Unfortunately Angus is none of the above at the moment.

Tommy Shepherd didn't get it for the same reasons Joanna Cherry didn't get it. They're both a little difficult to work with behind the scenes. Drew Hendry didn't get it as the SNP MP's didn't think he was as good a candidate as Ian Blackford. 

Your analysis that this is to appease the North or is a shift to the right is misguided. Quite simply, Ian Blackford was considered by his colleagues to be the best man for the job, it's as simple as that really.

6 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Tommy Shepherd didn't get it for the same reasons Joanna Cherry didn't get it. They're both a little difficult to work with behind the scenes. Drew Hendry didn't get it as the SNP MP's didn't think he was as good a candidate as Ian Blackford. 

Your analysis that this is to appease the North or is a shift to the right is misguided. Quite simply, Ian Blackford was considered by his colleagues to be the best man for the job, it's as simple as that really.

Blackford certainly seemed competent facing Jackie Bird on Reporting Scotland earlier this evening.

Archived