East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

Just now, wulliemc said:

I thought cowden deserved that today. Could have killed it in the first 10 mins and EK disnt really threaten that much.

They got what they came for and should be careful what they wish for.

I dont care what odds I was offerred I would never have backed Cowden to score all 5 pens. I would have backed Jamie to save at least one if not two though.

A blistering start and should have had a few after Fraser's early goal. 1st shot on target I think and EK scored. Learned to take penalites at the right time:lol: Like you I thought young Jamie would save one.

Looking forward to the EKTV highlights they had a camera behind the goal for the pens.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Kozmic said:

Saved it by the skin of your teeth, but wouldn't have liked to see yous relegated. Well done to Jamie.

Jamie is a star. For an 18 year old he was very calm and collected. His handling was excellent throughout.

Spare a thought for the 2 Berwick supporting Internet-twats who have had a great summer's trolling snatched away from them via the lottery of penalty kicks. 

Spot on BinoBalls. Luckily at the other end of the P and B spectrum we have decent and thoughtful posters like your good self

Don't really think Cowden have much reason to be gloating after finishing bottom of all professional clubs in Scotland, avoiding dropping out of the spfl altogether and completing a 3rd successive relegation by the grace of a single penalty save after a two-legged playoff game against a Lowland league team, who they failed to beat over 90 mins twice this season and once over 120 mins, all coming after playing a league game at Ibrox just over two years ago but ok.

2 hours ago, mon the mo said:

Well done Cowden, must have been horrendous at ET or pens.

hopefully it's Clyde or Berwick that have to go through that next year

It was horrendous, but we deserved to win in the end.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Good to see Cowden stay up, important to keep these diddys in their place.  

aye, can't have diddy clubs coming up from nowhere and winning at Gayfield twice in a season.... ;)

9 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Don't really think Cowden have much reason to be gloating after finishing bottom of all professional clubs in Scotland, avoiding dropping out of the spfl altogether and completing a 3rd successive relegation by the grace of a single penalty save after a two-legged playoff game against a Lowland league team, who they failed to beat over 90 mins twice this season and once over 120 mins, all coming after playing a league game at Ibrox just over two years ago but ok.

Dry your eyes.

Ha ha. Get it right up ye. Look forward to stuffing Stirling again next season

We will learn from this and we will see YOU at Forthbank

What an absolute heads gone. Wow!!

Anyway, well done Cowdenbeath. I really don't envy you going through that, but for everyone involved with the club, I'm delighted you are through it.

I was proud of our players today. East Kilbride are a strong, well-organised side, but we more than matched them. The penalty shoot-out was pure torment.

I thought the EK fans did their side proud. It was actually a much better game than I expected, with some decent football from both sides.

Major, major credit to Gary Locke, Billy Brown and Neil Irvine. They motivated and organised the players in a short space of time. They've had a lot of flak in recent times, but they can be proud of what they achieved at Cowdenbeath.

11 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Don't think there are any big celebration parties taking place. Relief at staying is the feeling I have!

16 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

You sound gutted. I feel your pain, Messiah. May I call you that?

Archived