East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Chuffed for Cowdenbeath! Sickening for EK after winning their league. Bottom team in league 2 should go straight down and winners of HL and LL face each other in Final for league 2 place.

Have to say the play offs have been brilliant since they were introduced. I can only imagine how horrible it must feel to go down like E Stirling but the Cowden fans must be absolutely delighted tonight.

That's my take on it - the bottom team should go down (no offence to Cowdenbeath) - but at least there is now a chance of change in the league's composition.

Thanks to the many posters who support other teams for their words of support towards Cowden. Very heart warming.

I feel shredded but so relieved after sitting through that today. Not a great performance from us but with so much at stake understandable. We did fight for everything today though and the players ran themselves into the ground. Still can't believe how well we did scoring our pens. Looks like a lot of practice had been done on them. Well done to Jamie on his save also. I hope he goes on to bigger things in the game.

Commiserations to EK and their support. They acquitted themselves well and gave us one hell of a battle. Horrible way to lose a game but that's football. 

Going to have a good bottle of red wine tonight. If it's good enough for Sir Alex, it's good enough for me ;) .

Well done Cowden, dread to think how excruciating the pens were because saving our arses with 10 minutes left two years ago was bad enough.

See you next season.

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

Timed it well – left Edinburgh at 1:25, just inside the ground in time to see Cowdenbeath score. Took a wee while to find a seat in the stand – I don't think that's a regular problem at Central Park.

Thought they started the game superbly and had a number of chances that should have been put away. Good atmosphere at that time too, but as the chances went begging, the game went very scrappy and the crowd quietened. Second half EK were the better side, looked dangerous and their goal had been coming for a while. There was a superb challenge from Cowden's no 2 right at the death that I think kept the team in it. Thought Cowden would be happier for it to go to pens.

Haven't seen better penalties from a side in a shoot-out.

EDIT: Saw quite a few Saints fans there and I think Ross Cunningham, our video guy, was there too

Ross is a die hard Cowden man, used to do our video stuff before he got the gig with the Saints. Its him who done the Cowden video which is floating about on one of the threads on here.

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's my take on it - the bottom team should go down (no offence to Cowdenbeath) - but at least there is now a chance of change in the league's composition.

It may happen one day it took the English sides a long time to get that after their pyramid was put in place.

Well done Cowden, was at the game and it looked like they were tiring during extra time. Great penalties though. Glad 1 team in fife can win on penalties. Enjoy your night cowden fans.

I thought cowden deserved that today. Could have killed it in the first 10 mins and EK disnt really threaten that much.

They got what they came for and should be careful what they wish for.

I dont care what odds I was offerred I would never have backed Cowden to score all 5 pens. I would have backed Jamie to save at least one if not two though.

Archived