East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disgusting that Cowdenbeath have implemented full segregation, with EK supporters being housed on an uncovered terracing today.
Elderly fans, women and kids being expected to stand in rain for 90 mins is unacceptable in senior football.
EK agreed to request to move kick-off to 2pm due to the Mad Max mob arriving at 5pm, and also gave Cowdenbeath 25% if ticket allocation at K-Park within covered section.
So the segregation to purely designed to create a better atmosphere for Cowdenbeath is a joke.  
You would think the 5 x full time loan players, and dodgy penalty last week would have been enough, but this shows how much Cowdenbeath are scared.
With the above in mind & the stick EK and K-Park have had on here is as ironic as moronic, and I for one hope Kilby pump them today and consign them to non-League.
Will be no loss to SPFL and senior game. 

Hope you enjoyed your day ya helmet. You nearly had me saying you had a slight point, until referring to our 'dodgy' stone wall penalty last week.

What a fucking relief. Excellent pens from us.

Ha ha. Get it right up ye. Look forward to stuffing Stirling again next season

Try forgetting about me and enjoy your team surviving for another season mate.

You'll be down there again, especially if that diddy Locke stays on.

Clearly been working on our penalties this week! Thank Christ we stayed up. Delighted for everybody at the club. Onwards and upwards please.

Comisserations to East Kilbride. They've has a special season and there's no doubt that they'll be in League 2 at some point soon. Must be an awful way to end the season.

Chuffed for Cowdenbeath! Sickening for EK after winning their league. Bottom team in league 2 should go straight down and winners of HL and LL face each other in Final for league 2 place.

Have to say the play offs have been brilliant since they were introduced. I can only imagine how horrible it must feel to go down like E Stirling but the Cowden fans must be absolutely delighted tonight.

Timed it well – left Edinburgh at 1:25, just inside the ground in time to see Cowdenbeath score. Took a wee while to find a seat in the stand – I don't think that's a regular problem at Central Park.

Thought they started the game superbly and had a number of chances that should have been put away. Good atmosphere at that time too, but as the chances went begging, the game went very scrappy and the crowd quietened. Second half EK were the better side, looked dangerous and their goal had been coming for a while. There was a superb challenge from Cowden's no 2 right at the death that I think kept the team in it. Thought Cowden would be happier for it to go to pens.

Haven't seen better penalties from a side in a shoot-out.

EDIT: Saw quite a few Saints fans there and I think Ross Cunningham, our video guy, was there too

Archived