East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

1 hour ago, Kierkegaard said:

Alex Ferguson was one of the earliest fans of Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil when it first came out. He wrote the foreword to the new, updated edition, with some great memories of Central Park. He has a genuine affection for the Blue Brazil.

When I was a minister in Kirkwall, a young guy in the congregation was struggling with a family bereavement. He was a Man U fan, and I got in touch with Alex, who immediately contacted him and sent him a Ryan Giggs shirt.

Although he's one of the greatest managers in the game, Fergie has never forgotten his roots.

dont read many books Ron but i have read both editions.

also a couple of Alex Ferguson books, greatest admiration for him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Disgusting that Cowdenbeath have implemented full segregation, with EK supporters being housed on an uncovered terracing today.

Elderly fans, women and kids being expected to stand in rain for 90 mins is unacceptable in senior football.

EK agreed to request to move kick-off to 2pm due to the Mad Max mob arriving at 5pm, and also gave Cowdenbeath 25% if ticket allocation at K-Park within covered section.

So the segregation to purely designed to create a better atmosphere for Cowdenbeath is a joke.  

You would think the 5 x full time loan players, and dodgy penalty last week would have been enough, but this shows how much Cowdenbeath are scared.

With the above in mind & the stick EK and K-Park have had on here is as ironic as moronic, and I for one hope Kilby pump them today and consign them to non-League.

Will be no loss to SPFL and senior game. 

f**k right off.

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Disgusting that Cowdenbeath have implemented full segregation, with EK supporters being housed on an uncovered terracing today.

Elderly fans, women and kids being expected to stand in rain for 90 mins is unacceptable in senior football.

EK agreed to request to move kick-off to 2pm due to the Mad Max mob arriving at 5pm, and also gave Cowdenbeath 25% if ticket allocation at K-Park within covered section.

So the segregation to purely designed to create a better atmosphere for Cowdenbeath is a joke.  

You would think the 5 x full time loan players, and dodgy penalty last week would have been enough, but this shows how much Cowdenbeath are scared.

With the above in mind & the stick EK and K-Park have had on here is as ironic as moronic, and I for one hope Kilby pump them today and consign them to non-League.

Will be no loss to SPFL and senior game. 

calm down.

was a stone waller penalty, has to be if the linesman gives it.

36 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Well, what were the odds, the very first site that Google pointed me to says he "bought" and "purchased" his 87%  http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/16/ex-rangers-vice-chairman-donald-findlay-cowdenbeath-takeover/ with Cowden themselves officially confirming the "sale".

As you appear to have the inside track on the story, I'm happy to bow to your expertise on the matter though, but just saying that your "nowhere" claim is patently wrong like, ken, unless you are suggesting that he paid for it by some means other than money which makes it a much more interesting story...........care to share?

how much money exchanged hands?

Not a great pic but that's the EK fans.

Cowden 1-0 up with a nice lay back and finish into the bottom corner from the edge of the box. Players look like they'll struggle to keep their footing though.

IMAG1593.jpg

Shocking that there even is a play off. Should be an automatic relegation for 10th and play off for 9th.

Don't get me started on the Premiership-Championship farce.

Hopefully Cowden don't play the classic 'wasted early chances' game.

Cowdenbeath couldn't keep up their early pace or they'd have ended up knackered and as the game settled EK came into but only really created a couple of half chances.

Renton very impressive and winning literally everything in the air but after the opening 20 mins Cowden haven't been able to get the ball to Carrick's feet.

This is pure torture following game on twitter. Pacing the floor continuously. If we do manage to escape, never want to experience this feeling again.

Archived