East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wellibob said:

GL to cowden from the shire. Get it right up the EK. We had a horrible day last season on this day and its something no league team fan should suffer. Although the lowland league is great and better than the boring SPFL lol.

Thankfully Cowdenbeath don't have Reece Donaldson to make a last minute needless, reckless challenge to sell the game.

Once again, good luck Cowdenbeath. It's no surprise that fans of other clubs should wish Cowden well. I fall into that bracket and apart from one total eejit that I foolishly spoke to in St Andrews one night the welcome I have received at Central Park is warm and genuine.
I have suggested in previous posts that the Cowden fans will be whistling the "Great Escape" next season. I am convinced of this and I look forward to seeing you all again soon .

Amazed by the number of fans from other clubs wishing us well. Come on Cowden let's do this.

I never noticed the early KO so shall head to Alloa via Central Park. I was actually at your game at Elgin the other week, finding the situation entertaining given your history of screwing us over in big games. However, the mention of Orkney above reminded me of this video below, which has completely made me realise the error of my ways.

'Mon the cows and beef!!!

When I was a minister in Kirkwall

Wait a minute...

[emoji3]

Any extra motivation thats required for the east kilbride players today can be found with a quick scan of this thread. Written off and hated in equal measure[emoji1][emoji106]

Mon the kilby. Play the way yous can and you have nothing to fear.

15 hours ago, big al said:

If you mean for Donald to take ownership of the club, nowhere does it state he paid money for it, or any amount ever been quoted.

just saying .........

Well, what were the odds, the very first site that Google pointed me to says he "bought" and "purchased" his 87%  http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/16/ex-rangers-vice-chairman-donald-findlay-cowdenbeath-takeover/ with Cowden themselves officially confirming the "sale".

As you appear to have the inside track on the story, I'm happy to bow to your expertise on the matter though, but just saying that your "nowhere" claim is patently wrong like, ken, unless you are suggesting that he paid for it by some means other than money which makes it a much more interesting story...........care to share?

30 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

As a Queen's Park fan exiled in Fife, I shall be heading to central park to cheer on the Blue Brazil. Dragging my son along too! 

Interesting! Say 'Hi' to the six ex-Spiders in the Kilby squad for me though.

Written off and hated in equal measure[emoji1][emoji106]

I wouldn't say that. Seems to me that folk have a strong preference for Cowden to stay up, doesn't mean they hate the opposition.

History aside, I personally (like most I believe) think Cowden would offer more to the league with more potential for proper derbies etc. EK on the other hand would pretty much be scrambling for relevance in a glorified suburb of Glasgow, trying to do a Livvy and also fabricate faux rivalries, aspiring to draw Hamilton in the cup for a game watched by 1500 not particularly fussed punters. May change with time of course, but don't think It'll work out that way.

Also, most people here evidently feel nervous for Cowden, hardly writing them off.

Since Raith were put out of their misery last weekend, I'm heading along to Central Park to lend Cowdenbeath my support today.

Good luck, I hope you absolutely body them.

Nah-Late offside winner for maximum EK seethe please.

Disgusting that Cowdenbeath have implemented full segregation, with EK supporters being housed on an uncovered terracing today.

Elderly fans, women and kids being expected to stand in rain for 90 mins is unacceptable in senior football.

EK agreed to request to move kick-off to 2pm due to the Mad Max mob arriving at 5pm, and also gave Cowdenbeath 25% if ticket allocation at K-Park within covered section.

So the segregation to purely designed to create a better atmosphere for Cowdenbeath is a joke.  

You would think the 5 x full time loan players, and dodgy penalty last week would have been enough, but this shows how much Cowdenbeath are scared.

With the above in mind & the stick EK and K-Park have had on here is as ironic as moronic, and I for one hope Kilby pump them today and consign them to non-League.

Will be no loss to SPFL and senior game. 

Archived