East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

In previous seasons it's been suggested sizeable numbers of neutrals came to "see history made" etc. Certainly figures indicate something:

2014-15... Montrose average - 419; highest league gate - 1,143; playoff crowd - 2,132... i.e. 5-times larger; 2-times larger

2015-16... 'Shire average - 320; highest league gate - 523; playoff crowd - 1,286... i.e. 4-times larger; 2.5-times larger

2016-17... Cowdenbeath average - 345; highest league gate - 571; projected playoff crowd - 1,200 to 1,600?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In previous seasons it's been suggested sizeable numbers of neutrals came to "see history made" etc. Certainly figures indicate something:

2014-15... Montrose average - 419; highest league gate - 1,143; playoff crowd - 2,132... i.e. 5-times larger; 2-times larger

2015-16... 'Shire average - 320; highest league gate - 523; playoff crowd - 1,286... i.e. 4-times larger; 2.5-times larger

2016-17... Cowdenbeath average - 345; highest league gate - 571; projected playoff crowd - 1,200 to 1,600?

None of the aforementioned teams have had successive relegations to contend with. I'd be amazed if we get four figures at CP. We didn't even get over 1000 when we beat Forfar to seal the 2nd division title a few seasons ago (if I'm not mistaken).

just watched the extended highlights.

presenter is tidy, good job Nellys not going to the game!

EK look direct to the front 2 who look to play a lay and spin and get the return pass. they have a bit of pace and mobility. really glad we dont have the pairing of Sives/Mclaughlin as they would get dragged about and exposed.

im sure renton/ carrick will cause their defence problems but better quality service to feet is essential.

dont like the look of the pitch but just have to get on with it. the game will be fast and alot at stake so easy to get carried away and end up with a red card.

what on earth was the buckie striker doing going down for the red card? stay on your feet, youre in behind them. he would have recieved an ear bashing from me back in the day!

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

None of the aforementioned teams have had successive relegations to contend with. I'd be amazed if we get four figures at CP. We didn't even get over 1000 when we beat Forfar to seal the 2nd division title a few seasons ago (if I'm not mistaken).

agree

27 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

If the first game is close, it would be good to have a bigger crowd. I know a handful of people who are going to the second game who never venture near Central Park.

However, I doubt we will get near 1000, sadly. Unless EK are in a good position, then they might bring quite a few through for the novelty.

1 hour ago, big al said:

honestly dont know why people are getting the idea of a big crowd at central park for the 2nd leg.(i include some cowden fans in this)

honestly cant see there being more than 600-700 at the game.

If you look at history of these types of games last game of the season in the pyramid system they usually have a larger crowd

2014/15 Montrose vs Brora last game had over 2000

There will be a lot of neutral interest in our game

honestly dont know why people are getting the idea of a big crowd at central park for the 2nd leg.(i include some cowden fans in this)

honestly cant see there being more than 600-700 at the game.

There was over 1000 at the 2nd leg last year, mostly neutrals.

13 hours ago, big al said:

just watched the extended highlights.

presenter is tidy, good job Nellys not going to the game!

EK look direct to the front 2 who look to play a lay and spin and get the return pass. they have a bit of pace and mobility. really glad we dont have the pairing of Sives/Mclaughlin as they would get dragged about and exposed.

im sure renton/ carrick will cause their defence problems but better quality service to feet is essential.

dont like the look of the pitch but just have to get on with it. the game will be fast and alot at stake so easy to get carried away and end up with a red card.

what on earth was the buckie striker doing going down for the red card? stay on your feet, youre in behind them. he would have recieved an ear bashing from me back in the day!

changed man min.......

Would settle for a draw in this game. I think Locke and the team are well prepared to cope with all antics and there is a desire and grit to the team which should mean we wouldnt lose by more than 1 goal (if we were to lose)

now on to this presenter big al.......

25 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

It least some people are interested in EKFC.

The EKFC "fans" don't seem to be.

I would have been in attendance but EKFC Amateurs have a game tomorrow. The game is a sell out so not sure how there's no interest? :blink:

Loving the Clyde fans looking for a new rivalry, seeing as QP couldnt give a toss and Thistle have probably forgot who they are.

EK - Clyde could be the next big derby in Lanarkshire.

4 hours ago, NELLY said:

changed man min.......

Would settle for a draw in this game. I think Locke and the team are well prepared to cope with all antics and there is a desire and grit to the team which should mean we wouldnt lose by more than 1 goal (if we were to lose)

now on to this presenter big al.......

Doesn't show her chassis but pretty face. Will report back on Saturday 

Archived