East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

Never known so many messages of goodwill for Cowden before a game.
EK must be a real dodgy outfit.

Im in 2 minds. I'm still slightly pissed off about the antics at Gayfield years back and Central Park is just depressing but there's a few decent fans on here/Twitter.

At same time EK seem a bit too big for their boots and seem to think they're superstars even though they've got Joa Vitoria up top, this sports centre pitch thing sounds shite too and it's annoying how so many have just assumed they'll win.

I really wish Berwick had finished bottom as we always seem to be shite at Shielfield plus the BTU/YellowFeet meltdown would be funny. Or Clyde just because the opening post of their 2016/17 thread really would be class. Plus the EK Clyde stuff.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Really they could have printed the tickets weeks ago in preparation. If they lost the first play off game really how much would it have cost ??? Celtic money and all.

and if they had they would have been accused as arrogant big time Charlies for counting their chickens, so which was the better option?

10 hours ago, Adam said:

The arrogance from this glorified boys club is astounding. I genuinely hope Cowdenbeath slaughter them.

Adam I see you're still refusing to accept it's not just a boys club....it's also a girls club.  Your woman hating tendencies do you a disservice :thumbsdown

Our girls section looking very smart in their new tracksuits. A massive thank you to Glodry Hair Salon in St James Retail Park for their sponsorship.

Image may contain: 9 people, outdoor
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

4 minutes ago, The Spider said:

and if they had they would have been accused as arrogant big time Charlies for counting their chickens, so which was the better option?

You beat me to it as you say if they had tickets already printed they would no doubt get stick for it on here. As I mentioned last night no big deal folk getting their tickets a few hours later.

5 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Adam I see you're still refusing to accept it's not just a boys club....it's also a girls club.  Your woman hating tendencies do you a disservice :thumbsdown

Our girls section looking very smart in their new tracksuits. A massive thank you to Glodry Hair Salon in St James Retail Park for their sponsorship.

Image may contain: 9 people, outdoor
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Like the way you slipped in the wee plug for the sponsor:lol:

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Never known so many messages of goodwill for Cowden before a game

and mostly from Clyde fans.......................obviously there's a feeling that one set of arrogant big time Charlies in that division next season is more than enough :lol:

18341866_1326812710743138_6746392757895452898_n.jpg?oh=4829c7d59b4227927f0c26fcb43517ca&oe=59C17A8E 18342266_1326812717409804_2811279120152063804_n.jpg?oh=22cfd760c8b6e0b3fed85f73e0ad6846&oe=59B6F509

Quite happy to eat my words here. That said, I still hope Cowdenbeath do the business.

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

Highlights from the 2nd leg of the Highland/Lowland playoff now up. Not sure you'll learn too much from these tbh!

Buckie diving again. Good to see it punished this time.

Did Lauchlan say Cowden are the form team in L2?:lol:

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Im in 2 minds. I'm still slightly pissed off about the antics at Gayfield years back and Central Park is just depressing but there's a few decent fans on here/Twitter.

At same time EK seem a bit too big for their boots and seem to think they're superstars even though they've got Joa Vitoria up top, this sports centre pitch thing sounds shite too and it's annoying how so many have just assumed they'll win.

I really wish Berwick had finished bottom as we always seem to be shite at Shielfield plus the BTU/YellowFeet meltdown would be funny. Or Clyde just because the opening post of their 2016/17 thread really would be class. Plus the EK Clyde stuff.

You don't hide your dislike of Cowden, fair enough, but I'm sure the "antics" at Gayfield and at CP pissed all Cowden fans off too.

That's history though and we've played plenty times since without any bother.

I' m sure you are aware how many Cowden fans congratulated Arbroath on their league win, even wishing them well before Saturday.

if we get beaten by a better team so be it. We are where we are because we played badly for months on end without picking up many points. Now we are a completely different team with a different attitude and hopefully we will come through this.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Lichtie, where are you getting that 'superstar' stuff from?  

I totally get why people would want Cowdenbeath to stay up based on their history, tussles they'll have had in the past, even their location.  I visited Central Park for the Scottish cup game earlier in the season and enjoyed reading about some of their proud history in what was an excellent match program.

I'd rather we were not playing them.

They have to be strong favourites as they've been playing at a higher level of football all season and in the last couple of months have been shown to be better at it than 6 other teams in the division.

I'd like EK to win the play off simply as a reward for the players, many of whom are local, for their efforts this season.  They've performed really well winning 24 and losing only 3 of 30 league matches.  They went to Cowdenbeath and managed a win and came pretty close to drawing away to Stranraer in the next round.   They've now come through against an impressive Buckie Thistle side and being promoted into the senior leagues would be creating history.

On the downside is the prospect of a ten team league playing each other four times each which I don't think would be as interesting AND one thing that EKFC don't have [yet] is a group of angry wee men who just hurl abuse at players, officials, spectators, stray dogs, etc for the whole 90 minutes.

I only ever saw one episode of that kind and it was last season against Edinburgh City.  A guy took exception to something Ross Allum did on the pitch and when Ross responded to his screams by blowing him a kiss the guy went beserk!!  He was a bald, fat guy who was sweating profusely, had veins popping out of his temples and was frothing at the mouth.  I never saw him again and assumed he'd gone back to following Clyde.

I only ever saw one episode of that kind and it was last season against Edinburgh City.  A guy took exception to something Ross Allum did on the pitch and when Ross responded to his screams by blowing him a kiss the guy went beserk!!  He was a bald, fat guy who was sweating profusely, had veins popping out of his temples and was frothing at the mouth.  I never saw him again and assumed he'd gone back to following Clyde.

Chelsea fan, IMO.

Cowdenbeath is a great club. Welcoming to other fans, and with a rich history. But when you finish last of 42 teams, you deserve to go down. If automatic promotion and relegation existed, I'm almost certain that Cowdenbeath would get promoted back to the SPFL2 in one season. However, since it doesn't, I can't see past them in the playoff. Huge favourites. 

Lichtie, where are you getting that 'superstar' stuff from?  
I totally get why people would want Cowdenbeath to stay up based on their history, tussles they'll have had in the past, even their location.  I visited Central Park for the Scottish cup game earlier in the season and enjoyed reading about some of their proud history in what was an excellent match program.
I'd rather we were not playing them.
They have to be strong favourites as they've been playing at a higher level of football all season and in the last couple of months have been shown to be better at it than 6 other teams in the division.
I'd like EK to win the play off simply as a reward for the players, many of whom are local, for their efforts this season.  They've performed really well winning 24 and losing only 3 of 30 league matches.  They went to Cowdenbeath and managed a win and came pretty close to drawing away to Stranraer in the next round.   They've now come through against an impressive Buckie Thistle side and being promoted into the senior leagues would be creating history.
On the downside is the prospect of a ten team league playing each other four times each which I don't think would be as interesting AND one thing that EKFC don't have [yet] is a group of angry wee men who just hurl abuse at players, officials, spectators, stray dogs, etc for the whole 90 minutes.

You had a group of 3 'wee angry men' who started on a shire fan then absolutely shat themselves when the rest of us came round!

12 hours ago, The Spider said:

and mostly from Clyde fans.......................obviously there's a feeling that one set of arrogant big time Charlies in that division next season is more than enough :lol:

Always got to bring Clyde into it eh.:rolleyes:

#unhealthyobsession

PS. Good luck 'Beath

Archived