East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We might well be the worst. I've been at Forfar games where there weren't more than 200 yet quoted 406 (think that's their default ) number.

I would take official attendances announced to the media with a pinch of salt. I know for a fact that we publish what goes through the gate ie if a season ticket holder dosn't attend they don't get counted.

Someone told me in the pressbox earlier this season at Berwick that they count season tickets if they attend or not and I imagine quite a few others do the same, technically noting wrong with that as someone has paid to go to a game and chosen not to but it does inflate the crowd that is actually watching the game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Kilbride haven't received the match tickets within the originally expected timescale. They are now expected to arrive at East Kilbride tomorrow and once they arrive we will arrange a halfway meeting point to pick them up. That likely means that the tickets will not be available at 10am but after due consideration we have decided that we will not amend the sale timings - those calling in the morning though should be aware that it is likely the ticket/s will not be available for collection at that time and thus names and payment will be taken with tickets to be collected later once we have them at Central Park. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 

From the OS.

5 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

We've also a higher away support

Cowden probably have one of the highest proportion of away fans to home fans in the country. Literally half their home support seem to travel to away games. The opposite of (e.g.) Dundee *

* opinion no doubt based on total ignorance of Dundee's away following. 

4 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Cowden probably have one of the highest proportion of away fans to home fans in the country. Literally half their home support seem to travel to away games. The opposite of (e.g.) Dundee *

* opinion no doubt based on total ignorance of Dundee's away following. 

Aye your right we do have a decent amount of away fans per ratio of home support. Can't believe you haven't got over that comeback game v the Albion it was 7 years ago:lol:

EK are doing so much right as a football team trying to build a team capable of holding there own in the Scottish league, they have teams at all age groups playing under the one banner and they do seem to be building plenty local support. Pity there manager and captain are complete w***ers.
Come on the cowden!!!

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye your right we do have a decent amount of away fans per ratio of home support. Can't believe you haven't got over that comeback game v the Albion it was 7 years ago:lol:

I actually left the stadium in disgust when it went to 3-3. Was walking back to the car during injury time when I heard a roar. It was so loud I thought it must be a goal for the Albion. Turned round and saw an Albion fan standing at the edge of the stand with his head in his hands, and my dismay was complete.

Fortunately I have been able to relive the misery via YouTube. I like to keep the hurt fresh. After all, feeling hurt and spiteful is what being a football fan is all about. 

Just now, BinoBalls said:

I actually left the stadium in disgust when it went to 3-3. Was walking back to the car during injury time when I heard a roar. It was so loud I thought it must be a goal for the Albion. Turned round and saw an Albion fan standing at the edge of the stand with his head in his hands, and my dismay was complete.

Fortunately I have been able to relive the misery via YouTube. I like to keep the hurt fresh. After all, feeling hurt and spiteful is what being a football fan is all about. 

Quite a few Cowden fans went to the pub when it was 0-3 and couldn't get back in:lol:

I remember when Ramsay scored our 1st I thought a good consolation goal never expected us to get another 3 a mad final 15 minutes.

25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would take official attendances announced to the media with a pinch of salt. I know for a fact that we publish what goes through the gate ie if a season ticket holder dosn't attend they don't get counted.

Someone told me in the pressbox earlier this season at Berwick that they count season tickets if they attend or not and I imagine quite a few others do the same, technically noting wrong with that as someone has paid to go to a game and chosen not to but it does inflate the crowd that is actually watching the game.

Pars' chairman raised this issue the other day. We publish actual attendances too, rather than including season ticket holders. The teams round about us in the league publish the doctored figure and we're going to start doing the same. It's meant to look better to sponsors etc if we can say "we've the X biggest support".

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Pars' chairman raised this issue the other day. We publish actual attendances too, rather than including season ticket holders. The teams round about us in the league publish the doctored figure and we're going to start doing the same. It's meant to look better to sponsors etc if we can say "we've the X biggest support".

No talking about some mob from the other side of the Kincardine Bridge are you;)

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

No talking about some mob from the other side of the Kincardine Bridge are you;)

I think that was the subtext! We're still raging about that dodgy penalty against them recently.

59 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Enjoyable post on so many levels, BB :)

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite a few Cowden fans went to the pub when it was 0-3 and couldn't get back in:lol:

I remember when Ramsay scored our 1st I thought a good consolation goal never expected us to get another 3 a mad final 15 minutes.

So is this one :)

4 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Reasons to want a Cowden win

1. History - don't like to see clubs lose status

Reasons to want EK to win

1. Better stadium ( with more to come)

2. I spend half my life there already so no big deal to go again.

3. Too many clubs in Fife already, and Cowden are the smallest so no major loss locally - fans can go and see Rovers or Pars

4. Clyde might still merge and move there.

5. If we don't it's another derby

Is Cowdenbeath being relocated out of Fife? Maybe Central Park could be floated along The Forth and Clyde Canal for ClydeRelocation.17.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

East Kilbride haven't received the match tickets within the originally expected timescale. They are now expected to arrive at East Kilbride tomorrow and once they arrive we will arrange a halfway meeting point to pick them up. That likely means that the tickets will not be available at 10am but after due consideration we have decided that we will not amend the sale timings - those calling in the morning though should be aware that it is likely the ticket/s will not be available for collection at that time and thus names and payment will be taken with tickets to be collected later once we have them at Central Park. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 

From the OS.

A bit of a shambles on EKs part and their ticketing source!

So someone can basically go on your behalf still with your name and money with tickets being collected later

Reasons to want a Cowden win
1. History - don't like to see clubs lose status
Reasons to want EK to win
1. Better stadium ( with more to come)
2. I spend half my life there already so no big deal to go again.
3. Too many clubs in Fife already, and Cowden are the smallest so no major loss locally - fans can go and see Rovers or Pars
4. Clyde might still merge and move there.
5. If we don't it's another derby

Better stadium [emoji23]

High school of Glasgow has a better ground at Anniesland

Fake team contrived

Probably even colder place than cumbernauld

So hope Cowdenbeath hammer them into the ground

Sorted [emoji106]

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

A bit of a shambles on EKs part and their ticketing source!

So someone can basically go on your behalf still with your name and money with tickets being collected later

To be fair to them they haven't had much time to get them printed.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

To be fair to them they haven't had much time to get them printed.

They have had more time than the midweek league one and championship playoffs though.

Just causes our club some further hassles and fans

They have aspirations of being a professional SPFL outfit so they will need to learn to organise things like this at pace

Probably just annoyed at EK with them saying in the paper about wanting to send us crashing out of the Spfl! I admire their clubs ambitious drive but can't stand the arrogance that seems to come from them and their managers ability to influence refereeing decisions in their favour!

I can see this being a very heated game with both clubs needing to keep a level head

Just now, Cowden316 said:

They have had more time than the midweek league one and championship playoffs though.

They have aspirations of being a professional SPFL outfit so they will need to learn to organise things like this at pace

How much League 1 and Championship games will be all ticket none I would suspect.

I think you are being too harsh on them 316 earliest they would be able to get printing sorted out would be yesterday as I imagine  wherever they are getting done would be closed on a Sunday.

I don't think a delay of a few hours or so in getting your ticket is the end of the world.

8 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Probably just annoyed at EK with them saying in the paper about wanting to send us crashing out of the Spfl! I admire their clubs ambitious drive but can't stand the arrogance that seems to come from them and their managers ability to influence refereeing decisions in their favour!

I can see this being a very heated game with both clubs needing to keep a level head

They are going to say that as it is their ambition to take our place!

Archived