East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

On 06/05/2017 at 22:24, big al said:

If this is the top team in Lowland league, how bad are the rest?

hundreds of fans can't even get into the ground, what's all that about?

1 hour ago, big al said:

also then makes you wonder what are the other facilities like if this is the team top of the league with all the money to spend?

Not much logic there mate, that's twice you've made assumptions about the other teams facilities off the park just because EK happen to be the best on the park. Plenty room at  every other club in the league, e.g. 2400 here at Whitehill and license conditions easily met. Most of us have been playing in the Scottish for donks.

Maybe ask the Shire fans how they found it eh?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

The biggest issue we have for the first leg will be left back - unless Rutherford win his appeal then he'll probably be out of this match.  Do we put Gerry in at centre half and move Syme to left back?

We obviously lost to them in the cup but from the starting 11 that day we no longer start/have McGurn, Sives, Ross, O'Brien and Todorov.  Heck even the bench that day had Robertson, Turner and Creaney.  We're a different side in terms of personnel and attitude.  I believe we can do this - our recent form is good and an early goal in the first leg would be one hell of a boost!

4th best on form in League 2 over last 6 games. http://www.statto.com/football/teams/cowdenbeath

21 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Not much logic there mate, that's twice you've made assumptions about the other teams facilities off the park just because EK happen to be the best on the park. Plenty room at  every other club in the league, e.g. 2400 here at Whitehill and license conditions easily met. Most of us have been playing in the Scottish for donks.

Maybe ask the Shire fans how they found it eh?

Good to hear , was only asking the question.

Away ticket details
PLAY OFF TICKETS

The match at East Kilbride next Saturday is all ticket. Cowdenbeath FC have been allocated 25% of the available 500 tickets = 125 tickets. This is of course unfortunately means that it is very likely not every Cowden fan who wishes to attend will be able to be accommodated.

The admission price for this match, indeed for both legs, will be £10 (and £5 for concessions). At present, we are anticipating having the 125 tickets available for sale at Central Park from 10am on Wednesday. Office will be open that day from 10 till 4. Please recognise that it is a challenge to ensure a fair ticket distribution and there will inevitably be some who are disappointed. Sales will only commence from 10am on Wednesday and cannot be pre-booked - personal callers and telephone applicants only can be handled after that time. Those wishing to buy tickets can only secure two tickets each - they cannot be purchased for a group of fans. Sales will open on Wednesday and those eligible to buy will be season ticket holders, volunteers and staff at the club, 100 club members, those subscribing to the Blue Brazil Bonus Ball/Roof Fall fund, and those who have been club sponsors in 2016/17 - that amounts to several hundred people so again we won't likely be able to meet total demand.

So please bear with us and take it on the chin of you don't get a ticket. We are sorry that we can't ensure all our loyal fans can be there to back us - but make sure whatever happens you get along to cheer the team on in the home leg.

Which ever way you look at this a tough challenge.

I am sure Gary, Billy & Neil will prepare the side well & we have looked a hungrier more resilient & confident team since their arrival receiving praise from all teams we have faced since as transformed outfit. That said we need everyone individually & collectively to perform to their best as EK are clearly a well set up ambitious team. I am also please to see the players & fans more as one & the travelling support on Saturday were excellent. We now need everyone wo supports the club or cares about it to get to these two games (accepting the away tie restrictions) & get right behind the team on the park.

I really appreciate the messages of support from fans of other clubs on here hopefully see a few of you at Central Park  a week on Saturday nice to see a message from Pat Scullion saying he'll be there backing the Cowden and paying at the gate top man, I'll get a £10 off him too for Club135. A lot of comments here too about us being good enough to win this yes we have the ability of that I'm sure but taking nothing for granted as I sure all at EK believe just as strongly they can succeed.

Time for everyone to get right behind the team over two vital fixtures  sadly my old pal Stuart Juner is no longer with us to rally the troops the way he did magnificently that day at Brechin,  but I am sure he'll be watching down on us & with us in spirit urging us on.

A nervy two weeks ahead but lets keep the faith & remember "there was a Coo................" 

Hope Cowdenbeath go down, by far the worst stadium in Scotland, the club is tin pot as it comes, going straight Down 3 divisions is the most tragic thing I've ever heard

Wait until you're scratching around looking for one of only 150 tickets when your team plays an away match against EK.
I'm sure you'll prefer Central Park then.

46 minutes ago, SAFCBINOS said:

Hope Cowdenbeath go down, by far the worst stadium in Scotland, the club is tin pot as it comes, going straight Down 3 divisions is the most tragic thing I've ever heard

I can't wait to read more of your insightful analysis on the forum.

Re the tickets 125 seems not too bad considering the overall capacity of the ground certainly more than Buckie got at the weekend and more than Lothian Thistle last season for the cup game.

Seem's like EK have maybe moved at a faster pace than they thought on the park and the new ground hasn't kept up with the pace the club is moving at.

I have to admit I would have thought there would be a minimum capacity for the SPFL like the EFL but since there's not EK are doing nothing wrong with having a small capacity.

For Al re his post earlier all the other grounds in the LL are bigger than K-Park so nothing to judge the league on some better than others like anywhere else. 5 of them are actually SPFL grounds - Cumbernauld Colts (Broadwood),  The Shire (Ochilview) , BSC (Indodrill, Alloa), Stirling University (Falkirk Stadium) and of course Edinburgh City will be ground sharing at Spartans next season.

Plus Gretna 2008 play at a former league ground in Raydale Park.

Edited to add could be 6 SPFL grounds in the LL next season if Edusport stay at Annan.

4 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Re: People moaning about EK stadium size

They are planning to build a 4000 capacity ground soon, and I'm sure they could set up a Hamilton gazebo at the other side of the pitch should they be promoted.

IIRC The Minimum size for League 2 is the same as for an entry license - cover for 100, plus floodlights

although @HibeeJibee will probably clarify.

That's correct. Entry licence + bronze floodlights. EK also have planning permission for a second grandstand at K-Park, incidentally.

All this hand-wringing seems a bit OTT for me. If Cowdenbeath have received 125 that's 19% of ground capacity and in excess of their usual away support.

Also if restricted capacity is a deal-breaker where are the people wanting Albion Rovers expelled?

Finally in terms of SPFL2 if EK prevail - even if they don't build the second grandstand/put up a gazebo, 660 will do for most games except probably Clyde and any 'big issue' games.

EDIT: In terms of other LL grounds - the next smallest that could be promoted to SPFL2 are Edinburgh University (1,100) then Hawick (2,000). K-Park is very much the smallest. Selkirk (1,000); Vale of Leithen (1,500); and Civil Service Strollers (1,569) are of similar size but would be ineligible through lack of floodlights.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

That's correct. Entry licence + bronze floodlights. EK also have planning permission for a second grandstand at K-Park, incidentally.

All this hand-wringing seems a bit OTT for me. If Cowdenbeath have received 125 that's 19% of ground capacity and in excess of their usual away support.

Also if restricted capacity is a deal-breaker where are the people wanting Albion Rovers expelled?

Finally in terms of SPFL2 if EK prevail - even if they don't build the second grandstand/put up a gazebo, 660 will do for most games except probably Clyde and any 'big issue' games.

Not too sure about that Stirling Albion travel with a couple of 100 when doing well. Even the sides who don't normally have big away supports would probably take more to K-Park as it would be a new ground to see their team play, plus add in the factor that their home support would be up if the made it into the SPFL.

For the record Albion Rovers capacity is now up to 1500 or so and at it's lowest Cliftonhill had a capacity of 850.

Even if the home support alone jumped to 450 - and in context Edinburgh City averaged 401 overall, highest 590, from a similar starting point - that could still leave over 200 for away fans. Think people are perhaps overstating how regularly it'd be problematic.

I'd never want the Albion to go down and drop out the league and given at various times this season, we flirted with that possibility, I have every sympathy with Cowdenbeath supporters.

Ok, Central Park ain't The Emirates but Cowdenbeath were not the worst team I seen play against us by a long way so I'll be supporting the Blue Brazil in the playoffs.

good luck guys

Archived