East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

So ur usual away support is around about the number of tickets yous have been offered? So where is the drama coming from?

It's a playoff.

How many "EK fans" attended the cup match with Celtic compared to their usual attendance?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

So ur usual away support is around about the number of tickets yous have been offered? So where is the drama coming from?

Aside from the fact it is a cup final and our biggest game of the season, we have also taken more than 125 away fans at times this season as well. We would take at least double that allocation.

Maybe you should have played your Scottish Cup tie with Celtic at your home ground if you feel so strongly about it? Or do you only move it to suitable grounds when it suits?

Aside from the fact it is a cup final and our biggest game of the season, we have also taken more than 125 away fans at times this season as well. We would take at least double that allocation.
Maybe you should have played your Scottish Cup tie with Celtic at your home ground if you feel so strongly about it? Or do you only move it to suitable grounds when it suits?

I would have rathered we played celtic at k park. The ground size is what it is. Not ideal i know. Would be great to fit in every fan in that wants to go but it is what it is.

The joke is a team is playing to get into the leagues and it can only cope with 125 away fans.

the percentage allocation is fair enough.

also then makes you wonder what are the other facilities like if this is the team top of the league with all the money to spend?

18 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

If it holds 660, do you get 535 home fans every week?

im guessing no so no need for you to get that many tickets this Saturday by your logic.

The joke is a team is playing to get into the leagues and it can only cope with 125 away fans.
also then makes you wonder what are the other facilities like if this is the team top of the league with all the money to spend?

Maybe if your team had performed a bit better through the season you wouldnt have to face my "joke" team with shite facilities.

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Big al you've  herd nothin yet just wait till their manager speaks have never herd arrogance like it we scored 130 goals in the league last season yet we were nothin more than a team of hammer throwers and thugs 

6 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

K park is near full every week.

A quick scan through your highlights indicates this is definitely not the case. What is the standard admission price for an EK game in the LL by the way?

Anyway, the facilities are what they are. Central is a dive but locking people out of football games at this level is madness!

13 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Maybe if your team had performed a bit better through the season you wouldnt have to face my "joke" team with shite facilities.

Not talking about football. We were bottom on merit. If you beat us fair and square then good on you. 

Just an eye opener to flaws with the pyramid system. 

We pay thousands rent for our dump of a ground, maybe we should just use a local amateur park and I can build a fence round it then we will have more cash for players.

49 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Surely there should be a minimum ground capacity for league 2. It's a nonsense to have all ticket games at this level.
This is one of the problems letting boys clubs in without the stadium infrastructure.

No doubt they will also want to move cup matches to other stadiums and pocket the money for squad building.

I say "keep them down"

I'm with you on cup ties, first out of the hat should have to play the game at their registered ground.

For the rest, let's hope that Cowden sort them out and leave EK in the LL where their ground capacity will not matter. Would work for me.

Not talking about football. We were bottom on merit. If you beat us fair and square then good on you. 
Just an eye opener to flaws with the pyramid system. 
We pay thousands rent for our dump of a ground, maybe we should just use a local amateur park and I can build a fence round it then we will have more cash for players.

The pyramid systems has its flaws no doubt. But we dont make rules up. All we can do is play games and hope to progress. And at the end of the day it all boils down to 2 games against each other. May the best team win. If next saturday comes and you have beat us over two legs i will be the first on here to congratulate you. If we win you better log off for a few days cause i will be unberable[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Re: People moaning about EK stadium size

They are planning to build a 4000 capacity ground soon, and I'm sure they could set up a Hamilton gazebo at the other side of the pitch should they be promoted.

IIRC The Minimum size for League 2 is the same as for an entry license - cover for 100, plus floodlights

although @HibeeJibee will probably clarify.

Re: People moaning about EK stadium size

They are planning to build a 4000 capacity ground soon, and I'm sure they could set up a Hamilton gazebo at the other side of the pitch should they be promoted.

IIRC The Minimum size for League 2 is the same as for an entry license - cover for 100, plus floodlights

although [mention=11024]HibeeJibee[/mention] will probably clarify.

One year since the council passed the application. How many bricks have been layed so far? Perhaps they are waiting until they make the premiership.

In saying that, I'm looking forward to seeing a white elephant being built in the middle of nowhere in my home town for the couple of hundred "fans"

One year since the council passed the application. How many bricks have been layed so far? Perhaps they are waiting until they make the premiership.

In saying that, I'm looking forward to seeing a white elephant being built in the middle of nowhere in my home town for the couple of hundred "fans"

So u stay in ek but choose to go and support clyde?? Gloryhunter!!!![emoji1]

Archived