East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

I fear for Cowden in this game - EK are a class above other sides at the Highland/Lowland level, and are a streetwise group unlike others. Solid in defence too.

As for the Buckie fan saying two pens...I was at K Park at the weekend, and Angus was throwing himself to the ground when a gust hit him. Boy who cried wolf and all that...deserved his second yellow.

Might head along to Central for the decider as a neutral.

You are right, they are fairly solid defensively.

they hound the ref for everything as if they run the show. We need to stand up to that and so does the ref but without losing our composure which is what they want. It will probably get heated at times.

the manager comes across as a bit of a trumpet, hopefully our talking is on the park only.

This is the last year of the payment. We got £60k last sesson and this season both us and Cowden will get 20k. Nothing after that for whoever comes down

It's​ not time limited, cowdenbeath would get £40k in first year then £20k second year down. This should continue in the future unless the rules are changed

From SPFL

Pyramid Play-Off Parachute Payments
157.1. Subject to Articles 157.2 and 157.3, fee payments, Pyramid Play-Off
Parachute Payments, shall be made by the Company for each of the two
Seasons following relegation of any Club relegated from the League from
time to time of £40,000 in the first Season following relegation and
£20,000 in the second Season following relegation. The Parachute
Payments payable for each such Season shall be paid to the appropriate
Club(s) at the commencement of the relevant Season(s) following
relegation.

It's​ not time limited, cowdenbeath would get £40k in first year then £20k second year down. This should continue in the future unless the rules are changed

From SPFL

Pyramid Play-Off Parachute Payments
157.1. Subject to Articles 157.2 and 157.3, fee payments, Pyramid Play-Off
Parachute Payments, shall be made by the Company for each of the two
Seasons following relegation of any Club relegated from the League from
time to time of £40,000 in the first Season following relegation and
£20,000 in the second Season following relegation. The Parachute
Payments payable for each such Season shall be paid to the appropriate
Club(s) at the commencement of the relevant Season(s) following
relegation.

Ah okay, I've just picked that up wrong when we were chatting last week. Stops for us, but not every club. Thank you!

3 hours ago, BuckieJaggy said:

As a jags fan good luck to the blue brasil. This team from the manager to the players are arrogant cheats tho the refs have helped them out big time us being denied a stone walk pen in both games. The manager gives nobody any respect they right back Fabio Capocino spat on our striker, wrestled wi our manager, the captain proctor dives all over the place . They have 2 really good strikers a Portuguese lad and a lad winters. The supporters we met were actually pretty decent but the team and manager are class less so good luck Cowdenbeath 

Yes I live in ek and they are all baw bags excold firm fans yes everyone of them it'll be hell if they win not just on forums like this and any perceived injustices against them will be met with all the bile that of presently have...c'mon the cooden do us all a big favour

3 hours ago, BuckieJaggy said:

31 minutes ago, big al said:

We are getting 125 tickets.

joke

If the ground only holds 680 then that's about what I'd expect to receive.   Just under 20% of the overall capacity.

45 minutes ago, big al said:

joke

Can imagine if EK go up this becoming a trend. God knows how tickets will be distributed if, for example, EK host us on the opening day. Historic day for the hosts should see them sell out their allocation while we'll be out in force with new (and probably false) optimism for the season ahead. We had more than 125 at the friendly a couple years back. 

47 minutes ago, big al said:

joke

We got 60 tickets but I'd have said we had 100 fans there would think you could but up home tickets and still get into away end as we had quite a few that did that 

Surely there should be a minimum ground capacity for league 2. It's a nonsense to have all ticket games at this level.
This is one of the problems letting boys clubs in without the stadium infrastructure.

No doubt they will also want to move cup matches to other stadiums and pocket the money for squad building.

I say "keep them down"

27 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

What have kinda numbers do u pull at home this season?

Why is this relevant? I would say he had more than 125 up at Elgin on Saturday. If it wasn't more it wouldn't have been far off.

Why is this relevant? I would say he had more than 125 up at Elgin on Saturday. If it wasn't more it wouldn't have been far off.

So ur usual away support is around about the number of tickets yous have been offered? So where is the drama coming from?

Archived