Airdrie vs. Alloa/ Alloa vs. Airdrie - Championship Play Off Semi-Final

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've seen Ryan scoring many headers this season.  Oh, and the highlights should put to rest any thoughts Alloa fans might have had about the goal being offside, it clearly wasn't.  Excellent ball in from Conroy.

10 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I don't believe that for one second!! Who won it at East Fife two weeks ago?

Absolutely true, he told us on Saturday night. I couldn't believe it either, then remembered I do the photos of the presentations and he definitely hadn't got one.

It's usually match sponsors who award it, so it always goes to a player from the home team.

Absolutely true, he told us on Saturday night. I couldn't believe it either, then remembered I do the photos of the presentations and he definitely hadn't got one.
It's usually match sponsors who award it, so it always goes to a player from the home team.

He had them all rolled into one with POTY. That's astonishing. Too much booze in the hospitality boxes?

yep it was, like some of the linesmans (lack  of ) Decisions

Rubbish. The lino hardly put a foot wrong. Don't listen to some of the imbeciles in our support who berate the linesman each week when they have no idea when and why he's meant to flag.

There's one idiot in particular thinks he's being the big man each week, picking on the linesman.

I don't think I've seen Ryan scoring many headers this season.  Oh, and the highlights should put to rest any thoughts Alloa fans might have had about the goal being offside, it clearly wasn't.  Excellent ball in from Conroy.

I was pretty sure it wasn't offside at the time.

Have only just managed to come on here now to post how i felt after that last night.

I felt we were really poor, midfield was non existent all night.

Struggled to cope with airdries front 2/3 all season and last night was no difference, russell always gets dogs abuse but from my point of view he is a classy footballer.

Mensing aswell i was one of the doubters, we offered no threat to him, rightly so if he was motm.

Andy ryan will i'm sure move onto bigger things, last nights performance did him no harm infront of a few intrested spectators.

Scotty Stewart looked absolutely puggled from about the 65th minute onwards. Same with Russell. Maybe we don't have the same level of quality to bring on from the bench but there's no way those two will be anywhere near fresh enough for Saturday, which could prove damaging.

I don't subscribe to that bullshit. If a professional athlete can't play 90 minutes then have 2 days rest and not be ready to go again then they have serious underlying medical issues. And it's not like they were dying on their feet either.

2 hours ago, printer said:

Rubbish. The lino hardly put a foot wrong. Don't listen to some of the imbeciles in our support who berate the linesman each week when they have no idea when and why he's meant to flag.

There's one idiot in particular thinks he's being the big man each week, picking on the linesman.

I dont listen to them , my own exclusive opinion, twice the linesman looked at the ref for a decision when he was closer and had a better view You are never wrong are you ?

11 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yep, I think to be fair a lot of the time our poor play was down to good organisation and pressure by Airdrie.

I wouldnt have switched the centre half pairing back again but thats a long standing gripe that has been discussed again and again.

But after all that transpired, we'll take the single goal defeat back to our place. Goal looked a bit ropey in terms of an offside, but little doubt Airdrie deserved at minimum the advantage they take into the second leg.

I know it has been discussed again and again - but I felt it was a poor call last night. Frank is a good defender and he was steady again last night but we really miss Jason's ability to start moves from the back. Last night we were passing it around at the back slowly, allowing Airdrie to get back into position, followed too often by an aimless punt. Marr should be in the team on Saturday. 

I'm also happy enough with 1-0 in the circumstances. We were shite and Airdrie were apparently as good as they've been all season - yet for all that it's only 1-0 and they didn't create many clear cut opportunities. We're capable of so much more and hopefully we'll have a right go at them at the weekend. 

Archived