Airdrie vs. Alloa/ Alloa vs. Airdrie - Championship Play Off Semi-Final

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your heading in on A73 from the old Auchenkilns . TJ Fryer as you enter airdrie at Fourways pub roundabout. There is sizzlers at the entry road to the ground but someone would have to say if it's still open ??

I'll catch the TJs at the Fourways pub mate cheers!

Jesus. Pathetic perfectly sums it up. Absolute no midfield, second to everything, so slow & no communication. One positive is it's only one. Goodness know what needs to be changed for Saturday - a more lively midfield would help.

Super first half performance today. Best of season. Not as good in second half but worthy winners. Good performances all round but standouts for me were Mensing, Hutton and, of course, Ryan.

Alloa were pretty poor. Hope for more of the same in the second game.

Right we have them shitting themselves let's just go on Saturday and roar the diamonds to victory. We all knew this was unexpected after recent results but we are in the play offs so let's just feckin do it, and get into the championship, bigger crowds and a feeking atmosphere at last at New Broomfield.

For probably 70 minutes we totally dominated, Alloa offered nothing.

We moved the ball all over the park and Alloa where chasing shadows. Two let downs: 1) we never got enough shots away from close range and 2) where the f**k has this been all season.

Mensing looked fairly solid at the back and although I'd still have given it to Andy Ryan, he was worthy of his MotM. Gorman looked OK and his little dink over in the run up to the goal was class. 

Midfield bossed theirs completely and looked comfortable passing the ball around. Brown was frustrating but for the most part got stuck in. 

Russell was up for it from the start and Ryan was his usual brilliant self.

I'd have liked at least one more goal, and I don't think there would have been many complaints from Alloa if it'd been 2.

The last 15 minutes or so was fraught. Moved it from a back three to a back five and lost composure. Scott Stewart looked dead on his feet having put in a really good shift.

It was the right result though. Missing Saturday's game so hoping for the same again.

Well done Airdrie.

Thoroughly enjoyed that tonight. Was a change going to a game with a bit of nerves fluttering. Not sure what the attendance was but away car park was busier than usual. Thought Mensing was immense and Lafferty and Andy Ryan were excellent too. Wish Brown would grow a pair tho..... he doesn't half shit out of challenges. Early goal on Saturday and they have to come at us and leave gaps. Looking forward to it.

Archived