Airdrie vs. Alloa/ Alloa vs. Airdrie - Championship Play Off Semi-Final

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

The way I see it, Alloa finished 10 points ahead of us in the league so can't really be too despondent. It's maybe for the best we're not going up this time round.

The problem is that I can't see us a getting a better opportunity. Brechin in the final for a place in the Championship is as good as you could ask for. With the wages we pay, with some of the players we are stuck with on 2 year deals, and with Ayr and Raith coming down, it's difficult to see how we're going to get up.

Edit: I agree about not being despondent in the sense that we absolutely do not deserve promotion this season. Finishing 3rd or 4th in a 10 team league should never be rewarded with promotion for any side. However given that we have the play-offs, it is still frustrating for the above reason.

20 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

They were really embarrassing, bunch of absolute tossers.

The middle aged Airdrie fan at the heart of giving it the big "mon then haud me back stewards" was randomly darting about Alloa town centre all alone after the game- no idea what he was up to.

4 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Adam Brown has been a no show all season. He is absolutely gutless, a complete and utter coward. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was the type to act like a hard man from a safe distance.

He gave the travelling support big licks when Ryan scored on Wednesday night. No problem with players giving a bit back sometimes (especially when you hear some of the vitriol from a few of our supporters at times) but it was completely unprovoked and a wee bit unnecessary. 

Anyway, that was a great game of football yesterday, a real rollercoaster. Despite not really turning up for much of the first leg, I thought the players reaction was brilliant and we deserved to progress. Our second half performance was excellent and even in extra time it was Alloa if anyone who would grab the winner. Thats not to say Airdrie didnt play their part though, and at times it was proper back and forth stuff with 100% from the players of both sides.

Robertsons goal was outstanding, and he played really well overall coming in for the injured Holmes. Spences miss was astonishing, but he'll bounce back from that. The young Airdrie keeper pulled off a string of excellent saves to keep them in it. I thought Flannigan was excellent before leaving the field and Andy Graham ran the show from the back. Obviously massive credit to big Neil Parry for his penalty stops in the shootout.

Although I dont have as much hatred for Iain Russell as others, I was pretty glad to see him in particular missing in the shootout and after that I had a feeling it might be our day. Despite a few aforementioned halfwits, Airdrie took a terrific support to the game. I thought some perhaps over egged it after the first leg, but gave us a proper battle over 2 games.

Maybe the crap tannoy system, but did they announce the 50/50 winning number yesterday?

It was announced, not sure if it was claimed.

If the stewards weren't there it would be a scene from benny hill [emoji23]

Teams full a fucking animals and for the Andy Ryan goal he wasn't focused

At least you're no raging though [emoji854]

41 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Guys behind the goal at the railway end, giving it the big one because the stewards were there, nothing but banter from the alloa side but they were just taking it too far.

To be fair, it was only a couple nuggets really from what I saw, but after the initial pointing and laughing I completely lost interest. More silliness may have occurred as that first period of extra time wore on.

To be fair, it was only a couple nuggets really from what I saw, but after the initial pointing and laughing I completely lost interest. More silliness may have occurred as that first period of extra time wore on.

Two or three more had a pop but aye was just a few of them

4 hours ago, Waspy said:

It was announced, not sure if it was claimed.

I've got 8 tickets, 4 are mine and 4 are my pals. Still got them because I didn't hear the number getting announced either.

Archived