Airdrie vs. Alloa/ Alloa vs. Airdrie - Championship Play Off Semi-Final

This lafferty patter must be contagious because that's twice I've seen him called it on here and I called him lafferty myself today despite having known him for 10 years...

It was me both times I'm afraid........ not even had a drink.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Alloa! Best footballing side in the league I've seen this season. Hopefully the handful of Airdrie followers giving the Rangers' songbook big licks will disappear again after all the excitement of the last few weeks... 

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Well done Alloa! Best footballing side in the league I've seen this season. Hopefully the handful of Airdrie followers giving the Rangers' songbook big licks will disappear again after all the excitement of the last few weeks... 

What kind of rubbish is this! Are you still annoyed we hammered you?

What are you actually talking about oddball?

31 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I certainly never heard any such songs today and wonder if you were actually at the game? Robertson was the difference for Alloa today as he rarely wasted a pass and was always available and unflustered. His shot was a cracker and athough Cawley/Flannigan might well have been more eye catching and dangerous they rarely had a shot. The miss by Spence was something to behold a la Van Vossen and it kept us in the game. The saves by Parry at crucial times were important even if Ferguson did much the same after Alloa scored. I felt if Airdrie had gone two up on aggregate, at any point, they would have won but it was not to be. Interesting that Alloa finish so many points ahead and now have to face a Brechin side which scored 3 away from home today. Should be a challenging match. Are Brechin at home first? Next season with new opponents in Arbroath/Raith/maybe Forfar? and derbies at ML5 might make me renew my season ticket but it all depends on GD going.

Kept quiet but that was thoroughly enjoyable after the Airdie players celebrations infornt of us on Wednesday. Much like Forfar.

They have done that every goal they've scores against us all season, oh the karma that all ryan russell and brown didnt show up at all.

I certainly never heard any such songs today and wonder if you were actually at the game? Robertson was the difference for Alloa today as he rarely wasted a pass and was always available and unflustered. His shot was a cracker and athough Cawley/Flannigan might well have been more eye catching and dangerous they rarely had a shot. The miss by Spence was something to behold a la Van Vossen and it kept us in the game. The saves by Parry at crucial times were important even if Ferguson did much the same after Alloa scored. I felt if Airdrie had gone two up on aggregate, at any point, they would have won but it was not to be. Interesting that Alloa finish so many points ahead and now have to face a Brechin side which scored 3 away from home today. Should be a challenging match. Are Brechin at home first? Next season with new opponents in Arbroath/Raith/maybe Forfar? and derbies at ML5 might make me renew my season ticket but it all depends on GD going.

Its intresting you say that, i think if we score the spence chance then you dont come back into it. All about opinions though, commiserations to you and all the other decent airdrie fans.

They are at home first yes, on bbc alba aswell.

Many of us said Robertson in for/alongside Holmer would change a lot and it certainly did that! Ran the show at times today. Cracking player who I find very hard to believe was dropped for the second half of the season.

I think its just the fact homer was in such good form, very able player and he was the difference today aswell i felt.

We only really played near our best in the second half of the second leg, and that might have been enough to win in 90 minutes if we'd put away the chances. I had some issues with team selection over both games, but we got there in the end. Great credit to the players, kept at it after a poor showing on Wednesday and a tight first half today.

Airdrie did well over the two games and the young goalie was excellent today. The fans I encountered on the way to the game were very friendly and condolences to them. I did think that Adam Brown was a bit out of order with his GIRUY to our fans on Wednesday night. Enjoyable to see him contribute f**k all today and get subbed off.

Bring on the Brechin :).

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

You're an absolute muppet. What songs so I can call bullsh1t on each one?

Archived