Both sides may rest one or two bodies with the more important showdown at Hamdump a fortnight later in mind.

The unbeaten domestic tag is getting very close now and this, in the league certainly is the one real threat to the record. Aberdeen and especially their fans will be desperate to be the side to break the invincibles tag and put down a marker for the cup final, knowing the Dons and more delusional among them they could well win this, get their arses handed to them in the cup final but go on about this for years to come.

Prediction, 1-1, Andrew Considine to score an own goal and/or concede a penalty and/or be sent off.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AR851903 said:

Obviously a game this afternoon to negotiate first, but if we secure 2nd today then the pressure will be off for this one.

Can't see this game having any bearing on the final.

If Aberdeen get the three points at Tynecastle today this game could, and should see a few youngsters given a run out like Mikey Johnstone and Anthony Ralston who started v St Johnstone, maybe Jack Aitchison as well, keep Griffiths wrapped in cotton wool for the cup final.

Any decent prospects coming through at Pittodrie?

Given we have no reason to win this match in terms of league position I would suggest we send out our under 20's with a mandate to obliterate Sinclair, griffiths, rogic, Roberts, and anyone else in hoops who has a modicum of talent

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Given we have no reason to win this match in terms of league position I would suggest we send out our under 20's with a mandate to obliterate Sinclair, griffiths, rogic, Roberts, and anyone else in hoops who has a modicum of talent

Think Celtic are sending the under 17s.

Celtic need a minimum of a draw to keep the unbeaten run going

Aberdeen need a minimum of a draw to put 2nd place to bed

In reality both teams have nothing to play for

It's got score draw written all over

On 2017-5-7 at 08:22, Milnzo said:

I don't know of a single Dons fan who cares about this match. We should offer Celtic an extra allocation as goodwill gesture.

I care

I hope we smash the p***ks 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is important. A win here would stoke real belief going into the final, a pumping for us and it's the opposite.

Get stuck right in dons.

!n 1970 we went to Parkhead a couple of weeks before the final and won 2-1, went on to win the cup 3-1. Not saying if we win this we'll win the cup, but if we lose this it won't help our chances of winning the cup.

Having said that, if we are only going to win one of these games I'd settle for the final!

!n 1970 we went to Parkhead a couple of weeks before the final and won 2-1, went on to win the cup 3-1. Not saying if we win this we'll win the cup, but if we lose this it won't help our chances of winning the cup.
Having said that, if we are only going to win one of these games I'd settle for the final!

That's fascinating. But this Aberdeen team are perennial bottle merchants so none of that matters.

That's fascinating. But this Aberdeen team are perennial bottle merchants so none of that matters.

If we lost to Celtic in both games it wouldn't exactly be a bottle job would it? 'Bottle' has no meaning anymore

If we lost to Celtic in both games it wouldn't exactly be a bottle job would it? 'Bottle' has no meaning anymore

The nature in which you capitulated to 'them' last month in front of your home fans was very telling of this McInnes side.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'll bet Scottish Brown wont get booked.

The p***k.

Grrr.....Scott Brown......Grrrrr......he never gets booked.....Grrrr"

Scott Brown bookings = 11*

*So far this season

Grrrrr...

Archived