Rob Roy vs Talbot - Some tight decision's ..

Killiepiyo

Sawyers must have told the physio and manager he was Ok to continue he had to go to the royal afterwards to get checked out apparently. Excellent commitment from him some will maybe say a bit daft if he's got some kind of head injury.

I'm sure he would of scored a hat trick if it wasn't for that incident [emoji4]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, eehheematin said:

Got to say I feel all keepers (including ours) jump recklessly with there knee leading first. The talbot keeper is a big strong guy and leading with the knee is dangerous. It's a problem in football in general which I think needs to be looked at. If a midfielder of defender jumped knee first it would definitely be a free kick.

Watch the video he didn't lead with his knee.

12 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Would this thread have been created if Talbot had won yesterday ? 

Would this thread have been created after the game at Bellsdale in the scot cup where Talbot got a very dubious offside goal in their favour for the winner? 

Would this  thread have been created after Talbot scored another very dubious offside goal at beechwood against KRR for the winning goal ? 

Create threads for dubious decisions by all means but please be consistent and not just when it goes against you  :) 

Would you have broken your recent silence if the weekend's results hadn't put Beith in with a chance of the title again?

Watch the video he didn't lead with his knee.

It wasn't the sawyers incident I was talking about...it was actually the clash at the end of the game between our sub striker and your keeper. I was standing only a few metres away and I got to say it looked dangerous as he led with his knee. But as I say keepers around the world do it week in...week out. It's just a wee thing I don't like and think it should be clamped down on.

What's your opinion of the keepers follow through. I personally think keepers get away with murder. Can't touch them but they can knock your head off.

I don't think the keeper followed through.

I think you could argue that anywhere else on the pitch a jump with a knee in back/head is a foul.

However it's not excessive force as you say, willie is moving towards the keeper and the keeper towards willie, so both collide, however as the keepers knee is up sawyers takes a sore one.

I don't think the keeper followed through.

I think you could argue that anywhere else on the pitch a jump with a knee in back/head is a foul.

However it's not excessive force as you say, willie is moving towards the keeper and the keeper towards willie, so both collide, however as the keepers knee is up sawyers takes a sore one.

Fair enough I admire your honesty, on the Liam Rowan incident I reflected and yes a red was correct. Late and as a result reckless but no intent to hospitalise the player.

Talbot must be some team because Danny Boyle is the best centre back I have seen this season .

On 5/8/2017 at 01:17, Bonnyrigg Vid said:

Keeper's have always been coached to jump leading with their knee, rightly or wrongly.

Couldn't agree more....an issue which definitely needs to be addressed.  Keepers should not be allowed to lead with knee's, they should be jumping the same as any other player is allowed. 

5 hours ago, SaturdaySammy said:

Couldn't agree more....an issue which definitely needs to be addressed.  Keepers should not be allowed to lead with knee's, they should be jumping the same as any other player is allowed. 

They could use their elbows to gain an advantage?

Archived