Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Apparently, it is the Czech equivalent of the Financial Times.  They seem to be asking when the AGM of the Ayr United Football and Athletic Club will take place, as the shareholders are keen to establish if the finance is in place for the change to Full-Time Football, or are the Directors relying on 'Cosmic Ordering'.

Cheeky Bohemian Naysayers, obviously never seen Jordan Hart or Declan McDaid play much.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

Along with the obligatory OF reference too (I'm assuming - I don't speak Czech)

In Scotland they know how to lure for football! And it does not even have to go for the whole Champions League team as the famous Celtic. This time, they were raised in Ayr United, up to three players. The introduction of the jersey for the new season was unusual - do not wear any of its players, prefer to paint it on the naked body of a model!

Football is no longer doing much to the Ayr fans, their beloved team has fallen from the second league in the past year and is playing the third highest competition. So the club nicknamed "honorable men" gave them something else to enjoy. He chose a favorite strategy to introduce new jerseys last year.

A tough model whose body has been painted on a new jersey by Ayr United will not make the move to the second league but offers other strengths to the fans. For the most original introduction of the new jerseys we have ever seen, take a look at the gallery.

Obviously just a literal translation, but you get the gist

On the Killie tickets subject, ironic to read on abother thread a Sunderland fan praising how easy it was to phone the ticket office, reserve tickets and pick them up on the day. Yet all the toys out the pram on here in the last 2 weeks about folk having to travel half a mile out the town centre to pick them up!

15 minutes ago, Hursty said:

On the Killie tickets subject, ironic to read on abother thread a Sunderland fan praising how easy it was to phone the ticket office, reserve tickets and pick them up on the day. Yet all the toys out the pram on here in the last 2 weeks about folk having to travel half a mile out the town centre to pick them up!

Its a weird thing what people perceive as an inconvenience...

Nae problem to drive 45 minutes up to Braehead or Silverburn for shite shops, but phoning the Somerset ticket office to have them set your tickets aside FOR THE GAME YOU'RE GOING TO ANYWAY is cause for keyboard smashing RAGE

Think the problem was people were phoning up and there was no answer. No inforation on website either up until today. Also I know people that went to the stadium and the office was shut. Communication to fans has to be better.

3 hours ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Apparently, it is the Czech equivalent of the Financial Times.  They seem to be asking when the AGM of the Ayr United Football and Athletic Club will take place, as the shareholders are keen to establish if the finance is in place for the change to Full-Time Football, or are the Directors relying on 'Cosmic Ordering'.

Cheeky Bohemian Naysayers, obviously never seen Jordan Hart or Declan McDaid play much.

It's actually considered the worst Czech tabloid.

The article is ripping the pish out of us.

We will probably sell a good few hundred on the night if the game, and with a full week to go, I'm confident we will sell 5k.

That, with the Killie allocation, should see a bumper crowd and a cracking atmosphere.

Get everyone you know to get a ticket.

To be fair one week away from the Killie game and we still only have one centre back (not counting Rose as he should be no where near that position). Reid's injured and a full back. Slightly worried that there seems to be no movement in this department and now if there is their 2 weeks behind everyone else in fitness

1 minute ago, singin am no fae killie said:

To be fair one week away from the Killie game and we still only have one centre back (not counting Rose as he should be no where near that position). Reid's injured and a full back. Slightly worried that there seems to be no movement in this department and now if there is their 2 weeks behind everyone else in fitness

McCall says he wants another 3 players (GK, CB, Wide Striker) but doesn't know if we will have the budget for it. Pretty worrying indeed. Also got no idea whats happening with Cairney, he featured against Partick Thistle Colts but dont know if he played v Morton.

McCall says he wants another 3 players (GK, CB, Wide Striker) but doesn't know if we will have the budget for it. Pretty worrying indeed. Also got no idea whats happening with Cairney, he featured against Partick Thistle Colts but dont know if he played v Morton.

Not sure why Cairney is still hanging about, was one of our better players last season...I would be pretty pissed off at the lack of a deal forthcoming if I was him.

He could also walk into the majority of sides in the league, including ours.

Not sure why Cairney is still hanging about, was one of our better players last season...I would be pretty pissed off at the lack of a deal forthcoming if I was him.

He could also walk into the majority of sides in the league, including ours.

Think it was to do with his weight, which is all well and good but I think McCall is forgetting he absolutely ran the show in both games against us in the play offs and he wasn't in great shape then either.

Although I think the fact that he's played for us in pre season I'd be surprised if he was let go.

Think it was to do with his weight, which is all well and good but I think McCall is forgetting he absolutely ran the show in both games against us in the play offs and he wasn't in great shape then either.

Although I think the fact that he's played for us in pre season I'd be surprised if he was let go.

It is frustrating as we probably don't need another central midfield player, but he would be starting next to Docherty in there every game for me.

Yeah, i'd much rather have Cairney in the middle than Gilmour, for example. Happy enough with Rose in squad at CB, reckon he will do fine in there but ideally would prefer another experienced option

If Reid is going to play right back, then we urgently need another centre back.  Given that he is injured, I guess we're stuck with Rose for the Killie game which I suppose is an inevitable consequence of re-signing him when he should have been one of the first players out the door at the end of last season.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm genuinely baffled by the sudden confidence in him based on about 3 games at centre half last season when he was largely very poor.  

If Reid is going to play right back, then we urgently need another centre back.  Given that he is injured, I guess we're stuck with Rose for the Killie game which I suppose is an inevitable consequence of re-signing him when he should have been one of the first players out the door at the end of last season.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm genuinely baffled by the sudden confidence in him based on about 3 games at centre half last season when he was largely very poor.  

Reid won't play right back though. Geggan will. Reid and Higgins will be our first choice partnership and Rose will be back up along with whoever else McCall signs.

Archived