Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

There will be a last minute rush but the way the club has handled the ticket sale has been terrible. You sometimes wonder if they want people to come to Somerset the way it's run.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been able to get down to the club when the tickets have been in sale.

I'll be buying at least 3.

There will be many more like me.  I would have had them bought by now but I spen 4 days on the phone and not an answer, option 5 and option 6.

My fear is that those that are 50/50 will just not bother after the initial impulse has gone.

In this day and age, to have to hunt to buy something is not good.

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The laat time we played scum at somerset ,2009,we never had a issue selling tickets whats changed ,wheres the 12000 that was at hampden in 2012 .

Probably searching the AUFC website trying to find out when they can purchase tickets. A complete minter from the club.

Let's not overreact though, there's still plenty of time to sort this...

Folk will not be put off by this, and as the game gets closer the tension will build and we'll get good numbers.

But it's hardly been a great start. Hopefully someone at the club has their finger oot now.

35 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Maybe you just don't have as many fans as you thought you did? 

IIRC, we did get 4000/4500 Ayr fans for the home play off game against Stranraer two years ago. 

So, we would hopefully get something like that figure with it being a competitive Ayrshire derby - first one in a number of years as well.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Let's not overreact though, there's still plenty of time to sort this...

Folk will not be put off by this, and as the game gets closer the tension will build and we'll get good numbers.

But it's hardly been a great start. Hopefully someone at the club has their finger oot now.

Tickets bought for the home end, cheers guys.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

There will be a last minute rush but the way the club has handled the ticket sale has been terrible. You sometimes wonder if they want people to come to Somerset the way it's run.

They're quite happy to get their season ticket cash, any other cash is just not worth the bother, my wee urge to purchase a Season has dissipated to whence it came.

Being on annual leave at the moment, I check social media regularly. If it wasn't for noticing random posts on the SRE I wouldn't even know the tickets were on sale. Thought they had stopped until Thursday. Pretty basic stuff.

Archived