Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see how selling tickets in a cafe addresses the problem.  People nowadays expect to be able to buy on-line, by phone with delivery by post.  I presume these are short term issues due to the changes to the club shop.  

3 hours ago, conley said:

Think you might have been better contacting the club about this as oppossed to posting on P&B.

Surely they'll remember they've got tickets to shift for a big game without the need for some random off the internet to jog their memory.

Surely they'll remember they've got tickets to shift for a big game without the need for some random off the internet to jog their memory.

Think you missed my point. The poster was asking the club to update their website....on P & B????

Think it's been mentioned elsewhere but McCall was allegedly impressed with young Neil McLaughlin during last week's bounce match. Can play through the middle, wide or in the sort of #10 role. Had a very impressive season in the 20's last year. I don't imagine he'll go out much before the start of the league season though unless we bring in another first team option.

2 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Think it's been mentioned elsewhere but McCall was allegedly impressed with young Neil McLaughlin during last week's bounce match. Can play through the middle, wide or in the sort of #10 role. Had a very impressive season in the 20's last year. I don't imagine he'll go out much before the start of the league season though unless we bring in another first team option.

Sounds promising although i'm not convinved Archibald would loan players out to McCall after the Kevin Nisbet fiasco.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Sounds promising although i'm not convinved Archibald would loan players out to McCall after the Kevin Nisbet fiasco.

Archie would trust McCall more so than other managers, I suspect. Don't see that being an issue.

I think Nisbet's days are numbered which is a shame as there is definitely talent in there.

Surely Archibald would recognise it wasn't McCalls fault that Nisbet wasn't that great and in the end had a pretty shit attitude especially during the Dumbarton game.

Plus McCall was his manager and they seem to get along quite well so wouldn't be surprised if he signed. It's only a rumour as nobody seems to know who was actually playing for Thistle.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Surely Archibald would recognise it wasn't McCalls fault that Nisbet wasn't that great and in the end had a pretty shit attitude especially during the Dumbarton game.

Plus McCall was his manager and they seem to get along quite well so wouldn't be surprised if he signed. It's only a rumour as nobody seems to know who was actually playing for Thistle.

Aye, I'm not disputing that Kevin Nisbet wasn't great for us but McCall basically accused him of feighning an injury in the Dumbarton game which really isn't great.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, I'm not disputing that Kevin Nisbet wasn't great for us but McCall basically accused him of feighning an injury in the Dumbarton game which really isn't great.

When he was asked about Nisbet picking up an injury in that game his response was along the lines of "I don't know, I haven't spoken to him". Not quite the same as accusing him of feigning an injury.

I get the impression that doesn't suffer fools gladly. 

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

When he was asked about Nisbet picking up an injury in that game his response was along the lines of "I don't know, I haven't spoken to him". Not quite the same as accusing him of feigning an injury.

I get the impression that doesn't suffer fools gladly.

People in the Main Stand heard him shout to Nisbet something along the lines of "Theres f**k all wrong with you" as he got subbed off.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

People in the Main Stand heard him shout to Nisbet something along the lines of "Theres f**k all wrong with you" as he got subbed off.

Aye it was just a wee boo-boo

Ponce...

Archie would trust McCall more so than other managers, I suspect. Don't see that being an issue.
I think Nisbet's days are numbered which is a shame as there is definitely talent in there.

What's the issue with Nisbet? Not log turned twenty so would be odd for his days to be numbered already!

1 hour ago, conley said:

Think you missed my point. The poster was asking the club to update their website....on P & B????

Do you think those at the club don't read our shite?

All the amateurish behaviour like that should be shared widely on social media.

45 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

It seems to be a Medium, but the label is faded so not 100% certain. Definitely no bigger than a Medium. 

Whose is it.

Archived