Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does anyone know if Connor Quinn will be signing up or not?

Also are we still in for Ben Gordon because i see he hasn't signed for East Fife, don't know if he's still training with them or not.

So does anyone know if Connor Quinn will be signing up or not?
Also are we still in for Ben Gordon because i see he hasn't signed for East Fife, don't know if he's still training with them or not.

I'm sure I read that Gordon played as a trialist for East Fife and is still training with them. I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign for them now.

Quinn will most likely sign but McCall might wait until he's seen him in another friendly before he decides.

Craig Reid has taken a knock to his ligament and will be out for 2-3 weeks, doubtful for the killie game.

Seems to be an issue with physio as Stevie Maguire is going in for an operation and an ex rangers physio Kevin maclellan has been drafted in on a voluntary/temporary basis Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Not sure who's covering the beginning of the week.

Seems that McCall will be speaking to Cameron to see if we can get another couple of players through the door.

Would be good to get some squad players that can provide back up in case of injuries or suspensions.

I'm not going to lie to you, I fucking love Ian McCall. I can't think of any other manager we've had in recent years who'll admit his shortcomings as he does.

He knows that last season didn't meet anyone's expectations. He knows that the quality of football needs to improve. Encouraging that he'll knock on LC's door to expand the squad. Surely a large crowd on July 14 & BT Sports' contribution should loosen the chairman's purse strings.

Credit again to AU Media & the boss for disseminating information that may not have been forthcoming in years gone by.

He knows the score, you only need to look at the fixture list. The first 4 games are eminently winnable and are then followed by a tricky double header against Raith & Alloa. Last year, Dumbarton at home might have been the only crumb of comfort. This year I look at the fixture list without any trepidation whatsoever. If he can't manage the side to a top two finish he'll have failed.

17 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

I'm not going to lie to you, I fucking love Ian McCall. I can't think of any other manager we've had in recent years who'll admit his shortcomings as he does.

He knows that last season didn't meet anyone's expectations. He knows that the quality of football needs to improve. Encouraging that he'll knock on LC's door to expand the squad. Surely a large crowd on July 14 & BT Sports' contribution should loosen the chairman's purse strings.

Credit again to AU Media & the boss for disseminating information that may not have been forthcoming in years gone by.

He knows the score, you only need to look at the fixture list. The first 4 games are eminently winnable and are then followed by a tricky double header against Raith & Alloa. Last year, Dumbarton at home might have been the only crumb of comfort. This year I look at the fixture list without any trepidation whatsoever. If he can't manage the side to a top two finish he'll have failed.

It's pretty much a given though. He's one of two full time teams and Ayr'll have comfortably the second largest budget. There might be a bit of a threat from Stranraer and Alloa to us, but generally speaking it should be a two horse race, no disrespect to the other teams. 

It's pretty much a given though. He's one of two full time teams and Ayr'll have comfortably the second largest budget. There might be a bit of a threat from Stranraer and Alloa to us, but generally speaking it should be a two horse race, no disrespect to the other teams. 

If only it were that simple.

Not only that, he's fully aware that he's lost the support from a number of supporters but hasn't lost the faith in his own ability.

Loved it when he said "When I do my job well, I'm really good" or words to that affect.

Archived