Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McKenna was always going to come on to a game. You could see it in Rose as well,  but he learned trying to be played as an Adams esq enforcer last season. 

For me, one of my worst loan signing’s we had was that Aussie dick from Hearts.  I can’t and will not forgive him laughing and joking when we went 7-0 down against ICT. 

11 hours ago, Waniche said:

Nah mate, he was the one that got hit in a scrap near Murrayfield and didn’t put an Ayr shirt on again. Ryan McGowan, I think it was. 

Can I just confirm that you are saying that Ryan McGowan was, not only just a bad loan signing, but the worst one we've ever had?

Someone call the nurse.

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Can I just confirm that you are saying that Ryan McGowan was, not only just a bad loan signing, but the worst one we've ever had?

Someone call the nurse.

Call a nurse? 

Not the worst by far but seeing a player in an Ayr shirt laughing when the 7th goal went in really wound me up. 

18 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Call a nurse? 

Not the worst by far but seeing a player in an Ayr shirt laughing when the 7th goal went in really wound me up. 

Clearly it's sound you up, to the point of completely losing all objectivity. He was one of the standout players during his spell at Ayr and clearly a step above our level. To say he was the worst loan signing we've ever had showed that you'd lost it.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Clearly it's sound you up, to the point of completely losing all objectivity. He was one of the standout players during his spell at Ayr and clearly a step above our level. To say he was the worst loan signing we've ever had showed that you'd lost it.

I see where you are coming from and retract the “worst loan signing we’ve had”. It did wind me up and obviously years on, still does. 

Suppose when I’m asking in another post, if the guy who scored Albion’s first on Saturday was the same that lasted 3 minutes for Ayr on loan from St Johnstone. I didn’t have any comeback. 

17 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyone know how the players from last season that left are getting on? I see Harkins scored another penalty on Saturday and he seems to be a regular in the starting line-up. Has Duffy done the seemingly impossible and got the best out of him. Think Balatoni is still at Falkirk, would be quite funny if he was relegated in consecutive seasons at different clubs.

Jamie Thomas on trial at Dundee United 

12 hours ago, Waniche said:

Nah mate, he was the one that got hit in a scrap near Murrayfield and didn’t put an Ayr shirt on again. Ryan McGowan, I think it was. 

Rocky Visctonte got mugged and never appeared again.  Ryan McGowan played all season. 

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Now he was dreadful.

I get the feeling hes a bit of a better Kevin Cawley where we are left scratching our heads as his career goes on to be quite decent after doing absolutely nothing in an Ayr top. 

On 03/12/2017 at 16:54, Mgc1910 said:

When McKenna played for Ayr, he didn't make any obvious mistakes but we somehow leaked goals.  Now that he's playing for Aberdeen, he isn't making any obvious mistakes, but somehow they seem to be leaking goals.  

McKenna is certainly not without his faults but, if you exclude the three most recent games against the Old Firm when Aberdeen have collectively shit the bed on each occasion, they've only conceded 6 times in his other 7 league appearances, and at least 3 of those were attributable to mistakes from Joe Lewis.

He was very clumsy at times as we all know but I think his physique makes it easy to forget he was only 18 and 20 during his spells with us. A bit more steadiness will come with experience and I would expect him to develop into a really solid centre half for Aberdeen as he gets older.

Archived