Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not in the league they didn't, won 9 drew 2 lost 0 for 35 against 5.
I reckon we've blew 500/600 fans a game with our less than exciting run of 5 or 6 games that we had, the home games killed it stone dead.

I must be reading this wrong. Is your 500/600 fans comment related to THIS season? Please tell me it's not. That's how i read it but surely not..

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

I must be reading this wrong. Is your 500/600 fans comment related to THIS season? Please tell me it's not. That's how i read it but surely not..

Yes it is, do you think our home performances so far are going to see lapsed fans come more than once?

It would seem we seem to be better when we’re going with our 3 strikers up top. Would still start with our 442 v Raith and have the option of switching. Moore, Moff and Shankland are a dream to have at this level and I really hope Shankland stays. Watching the highlights he seems to be enjoying his football, that wasn’t clear at previous clubs and that might be in his mindset to commit till the end of the season.

Harts double save yesterday worthy of a mention, glad his bad double v Raith hasn’t knocked him too much. Also Rose is fast becoming a lot more consistent, fair play to McCall for sticking with them. Hope Higgins will be alright for Raith. That match is going to be a cracker I reckon, hopefully like mccall says the place will be rocking. I mentioned that it being the night time kick off would give us an advantage, be a much better atmosphere.

Yes it is, do you think our home performances so far are going to see lapsed fans come more than once?

500 of them? Have a word.

Are we not tied for top scorers in Britain just now? We could just about double that goals tally and not see an increase of 500 at home games.

Are we not tied for top scorers in Britain just now? We could just about double that goals tally and not see an increase of 500 at home games.

Unfortunately not. I had a look round the leagues last night and 2 in the N Ireland league have more, think it was Glenavon (39) and Crusaders (36). But I agree we could score twice as many and probably wouldn't get a substantial increase in crowds

1 hour ago, ShortSideCity said:

Unfortunately not. I had a look round the leagues last night and 2 in the N Ireland league have more, think it was Glenavon (39) and Crusaders (36). But I agree we could score twice as many and probably wouldn't get a substantial increase in crowds

Screenshot_20171105-120421.jpg

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Don't agree, it's what happens at home that counts for stayaways, our starting crowd in 87-88 was pretty similar, I've no doubt we'd be playing in front of crowds nearing 2000 if we'd been playing decent stuff at Somerset, perhaps we can't draw crowds as large or as quickly as that era but we could still grow crowds at a steady enough level if our performances warranted it, so far they have been less than inspiring, perhaps another 3 or 4 wins on the bounce with 12-15 goals will see them trickle back once again.

Archived