Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
callum-ayr

Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, WeAreAyr said:

Somebody in SRE giving Jordan Hart snash yesterday?

Yip was right behind me and well out of order absolute walloper he was told where  to go and shut his trap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we reckon that's our wee blip over then? 4 clean sheets in our last 5, top scorers in Scotland, injuries all back and serious selection problems .(in a positive way!) 14 points from our last 18 as well.

The next few weeks are big, the match v Arbroath will be big, but we seem to be better away from home, still fancy us. That then gives us a little rest going into the Raith game at home and they play on the Saturday before which should give us an advantage as they could pick up an injury etc. Having the Raith game on the Tuesday I think could be good for us, better athmosphere at night. Would love it if the club could get the away end opened for us that night. 

Still not 100% on mccall but agree with him, the team need more from the supporters, especially at Somerset.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do we reckon that's our wee blip over then? 4 clean sheets in our last 5, top scorers in Scotland, injuries all back and serious selection problems .(in a positive way!) 14 points from our last 18 as well.
The next few weeks are big, the match v Arbroath will be big, but we seem to be better away from home, still fancy us. That then gives us a little rest going into the Raith game at home and they play on the Saturday before which should give us an advantage as they could pick up an injury etc. Having the Raith game on the Tuesday I think could be good for us, better athmosphere at night. Would love it if the club could get the away end opened for us that night. 
Still not 100% on mccall but agree with him, the team need more from the supporters, especially at Somerset.
 

I reckon there will still be bumpy patches along the road but it will be no different for Raith. Neither one of us are going to go the rest of the season undefeated or injury free.

All we can do is make sure we beat Raith and once we get above them create as big a gap as possible.

The priority right now is keeping hold of Shankland. I think he’ll stay but the longer it drags on the more I keep thinking a bigger club will come in for him. If there’s any problem with the deal I’m sure it will be from Shanklands side and not us.

I’ve stuck by McCall since he came in but even I was beginning to lose faith a wee bit. He’s right though, if being top scorers in Britain doesn’t get the fans excited then I don’t know what will. We’ve already scored more goals than we did two seasons ago and the team of 87/88 scored less goals at the same time this season.

McCall can only be judged on one thing though and that’s what Division we’re in next season. If he gets us up I’ll be happy regardless of how he does it but if he wins the league it gives up more time to build a squad for next season and gives up a better chance of staying up. Plus it’s our first silverware since the 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCall is very guilty of seeing the world in a way that suits him.  The hard fact is that in 3 of our previous 4 home games, we got beat by Arbroath and failed to beat eithet Airdrie or Alloa who were both pretty poor.  It was encouraging to see us show a bit of resilience on Saturday as we have definitely shown a soft underbelly at times this season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am interviewing Michael Moffat tomorrow (Wednesday, 1st November) for my website, about his 100 goals in senior foot all achievement. 

If anyone has any (sensible) questions they'd like me to ask Moff, then please let me know and I will attempt to get them answered during the interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am interviewing Michael Moffat tomorrow (Wednesday, 1st November) for my website, about his 100 goals in senior foot all achievement. 
If anyone has any (sensible) questions they'd like me to ask Moff, then please let me know and I will attempt to get them answered during the interview. 

Best player he ever played with?

At either Ayr or Dunfermline. Unless of course there’s someone at Girvan worth mentioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

I am interviewing Michael Moffat tomorrow (Wednesday, 1st November) for my website, about his 100 goals in senior foot all achievement. 

If anyone has any (sensible) questions they'd like me to ask Moff, then please let me know and I will attempt to get them answered during the interview. 

What are the differences he's noted at the club from when he was first here. What things have improved in terms of the first team? their training, preparation etc.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
45 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

I am interviewing Michael Moffat tomorrow (Wednesday, 1st November) for my website, about his 100 goals in senior foot all achievement. 

If anyone has any (sensible) questions they'd like me to ask Moff, then please let me know and I will attempt to get them answered during the interview. 

What goal meant the most to him and why ?

Who was his best playing partner ?

What player inspired him ?

What took him so long to turn professional ? as if he had come in at early 20s he would be nearing 150/200 goals by now 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I am interviewing Michael Moffat tomorrow (Wednesday, 1st November) for my website, about his 100 goals in senior foot all achievement. 

If anyone has any (sensible) questions they'd like me to ask Moff, then please let me know and I will attempt to get them answered during the interview. 

Ask him what his best moment in football has been, and if his answer does not relate to the last minute winner in the Playoff Final at Brechin, then tell him to change his answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

How did his time at Dunfermline improve his overall game ?

That's the important one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/10/2017 at 11:55, somerset_lad00 said:


I reckon there will still be bumpy patches along the road but it will be no different for Raith. Neither one of us are going to go the rest of the season undefeated or injury free.

All we can do is make sure we beat Raith and once we get above them create as big a gap as possible.

The priority right now is keeping hold of Shankland. I think he’ll stay but the longer it drags on the more I keep thinking a bigger club will come in for him. If there’s any problem with the deal I’m sure it will be from Shanklands side and not us.

I’ve stuck by McCall since he came in but even I was beginning to lose faith a wee bit. He’s right though, if being top scorers in Britain doesn’t get the fans excited then I don’t know what will. We’ve already scored more goals than we did two seasons ago and the team of 87/88 scored less goals at the same time this season.

McCall can only be judged on one thing though and that’s what Division we’re in next season. If he gets us up I’ll be happy regardless of how he does it but if he wins the league it gives up more time to build a squad for next season and gives up a better chance of staying up. Plus it’s our first silverware since the 90s.

Not in the league they didn't, won 9 drew 2 lost 0 for 35 against 5.

I reckon we've blew 500/600 fans a game with our less than exciting run of 5 or 6 games that we had, the home games killed it stone dead.

Edited by ayrmad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard any update on the club's attempts to get a gate installed in the segregation fence so that shithouse wee diddies can no longer make us shoot towards an empty away end in the second half?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Anyone heard any update on the club's attempts to get a gate installed in the segregation fence so that shithouse wee diddies can no longer make us shoot towards an empty away end in the second half?

Well planning permission was submitted in either June or July so it's either been rejected or that the fact we're dealing with South Ayrshire Council as to why nothing has happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well planning permission was submitted in either June or July so it's either been rejected or that the fact we're dealing with South Ayrshire Council as to why nothing has happened.

Still waiting on SAC making a decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Anyone heard any update on the club's attempts to get a gate installed in the segregation fence so that shithouse wee diddies can no longer make us shoot towards an empty away end in the second half?

 

 

Knowing Ayr Utd and South Ayrshire Council it could take a while for that gate to be installed,   Ayr only got round to fixing the stand windows recently and they were missing for as long as I can remember.  I also think they should also ask Digital Kitchens if they could give the away toilets a bit of a makeover next as they've already done a great job with some other projects in the ground in the last few years.

Edited by Sludden123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Anyone heard any update on the club's attempts to get a gate installed in the segregation fence so that shithouse wee diddies can no longer make us shoot towards an empty away end in the second half?

Aye a catflap is getting installed on the fence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...