Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forrest sees himself as a centre attacking mid. How many Scottish teams play with one though?

At this level none

You'd have to look in the Premiership to find teams who play with a no10 and even then there's only a few

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

So we can assume he'll not be allowed back to The Rock then?

Fallout with McCall has nothing to do with the position he was playing. He was happy to be playing anywhere as long as he got some game time. 

Then why am I constantly reading on this thread that he was played out of position and some combination of Rangers/him weren't happy about it and that's why we were struggling for loans?

Are we basically saying it's BS?

13 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Then why am I constantly reading on this thread that he was played out of position and some combination of Rangers/him weren't happy about it and that's why we were struggling for loans?

Are we basically saying it's BS?

I think it's to do with having to find his way home from Ninewells Hospital 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

How did Paddy get home?

If true, it's pretty poor - particularly when you take into consideration he was only 17 at the time. We have a duty of care for any player but particularly someone so young.

Im lead to believe Paddy Boyle's da goes to basically all the games. 

The McCorrie boys mum had to travel up from Dailly after him and Paddy realised the club had just fucked off and left them. Paddy scadged a run down the road from them.

But don't be negative about the club.

That's unbelievably poor - scarily so.

Yeah pretty poor

All I know is that he and Paddy were both taken to the nearest hospital which was Ninewells in Dundee.
Due to the extent of their injuries would they not have been kept in overnight just to be safe?
If they were then the club should've had someone sent up the next day to bring them down or if they left on the Saturday then arrange transport for them both. The idea that they had to make there own way back was a bit of a shambles.

I'm not buying into the fact that he said he wouldn't return to Ayr just because of that. If he'd fallen out with McCall he'd have left straightaway instead of hanging on to the end of the season. Plus McCall said they wanted him back but Rangers were keeping him until January and by the time it came to then we had no money left and Ian Durante used his Rangers connections to bring him to Dumbarton.

Not worth getting wound up about tbh

Yeah pretty poor

All I know is that he and Paddy were both taken to the nearest hospital which was Ninewells in Dundee.
Due to the extent of their injuries would they not have been kept in overnight just to be safe?
If they were then the club should've had someone sent up the next day to bring them down or if they left on the Saturday then arrange transport for them both. The idea that they had to make there own way back was a bit of a shambles.

I'm not buying into the fact that he said he wouldn't return to Ayr just because of that. If he'd fallen out with McCall he'd have left straightaway instead of hanging on to the end of the season. Plus McCall said they wanted him back but Rangers were keeping him until January and by the time it came to then we had no money left and Ian Durante used his Rangers connections to bring him to Dumbarton.

Not worth getting wound up about tbh

If you look further up it's no just that.

If you look further up it's no just that.

Yeah I posted about the position he was being played a few days ago.

Again not something I can see him falling out with McCall about considering it was a development loan and it was the only way he would get game time. He plays as a RB for Rangers I think but was never going to play there for us. McCall clearly saw him playing and thought he might be able to play in the middle which is where he did play on his debut vs Airdrie and did well. He then started shifting him between wide right and central midfield and he played well most of the time apart from when he partnered Graham in defence against Dunfermline and couldn't cope.

Archived