Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

43 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

It would be a big result for either you or us. But I reckon if you lose you'd be unlikely to catch us.

In fairness, some on here will probably have us relegated if we lose to you.............

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh listen tae billy big baws.

We can't complain really. We've spent the last month acting like we're going to walk the league.

Now that Raith are in front I'm quite happy for them to act as though they'll win it easily.

We need a good result next Saturday though just to get a momentum back and boost the players confidence.

Ayr started off great.like us, but that HIbs gubbin has set knocked the confidence out of you. I'm not writing you off for the game, but I dont see you making up 4 points the way we've been playing. More likely you'll lose more ground.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

Raith Rovers have lost their main midfielder and captain Ross Callachan to Hearts, could be an advantage for us for the season but then again..........

The support are divided over this; he's a good player but under achieved and was also a bit wasteful. I personally dont think we'll notice anything amiss in our play.

55 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

We can't complain really. We've spent the last month acting like we're going to walk the league.

Now that Raith are in front I'm quite happy for one Raith fan to act as though they'll win it easily.

We need a good result next Saturday though just to get a momentum back and boost the players confidence.

FTFY

7 hours ago, singin am no fae killie said:

Doubt we'll get any more loans in McCall seems to have burnt his bridges with any loans we've had. Happy to be proved wrong but doubt it.

Spot on, Jobby has managed to piss off the majority of loans we've had. Nisbet, Thomas, McCrorie and McKenna to name a few. Managers talk and will be very reluctant to loan us players. 

Spot on, Jobby has managed to piss off the majority of loans we've had. Nisbet, Thomas, McCrorie and McKenna to name a few. Managers talk and will be very reluctant to loan us players. 

I don't think he pissed off McCrorie but the other 3 definitely had their disagreements with him.

Thomas is the only one there that didn't really get a fair shot at proving himself and was played out of position most of the time

Players talk!
Without sounding like an in the know knob, a player we were in for choose a different club because the feedback he got from a teammate. Bonuses being payed late, training, game time, professionalism and McCall being a knob the main reasons.

27 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I don't think he pissed off McCrorie but the other 3 definitely had their disagreements with him.

Thomas is the only one there that didn't really get a fair shot at proving himself and was played out of position most of the time

He did piss off McCrorie/Rangers, not sure on the full details but it was something to do with McCrorie head injury up at Forfar and McCall not even bothering to check on him at the hospital after the game. It was previously agreed with Warbuton that we would take McCrorie back on loan till January last season but due to this it never happened and he later signed for Dumbarton.

He did piss off McCrorie/Rangers, not sure on the full details but it was something to do with McCrorie head injury up at Forfar and McCall not even bothering to check on him at the hospital after the game. It was previously agreed with Warbuton that we would take McCrorie back on loan till January last season but due to this it never happened and he later signed for Dumbarton.

Plus McCrorie was a centre half being played on the Right Wing. There's getting game time and there's being played in a position your club or yourself don't want you playing.

Archived