Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting only two headers, both from Andy Geggan, and only two from set pieces, both penalties (if you include the one Moore missed and then put in the rebound). Thirty out of thirty two from open play, pretty tasty !

FootGolf Fundraiser in memory of Ayr United supporter Ciar McPherson, with profits going to SAMH

WHEN: Thursday 7th September 2017

WHERE: Roodlea Family Golf Centre, near Coylton.

TIME: 6pm meet in club house. Will finish at 8:45pm approximately.

COST: £20 flat (normally £10 for adults per round, but as already mentioned profits are going to SAMH)

ADDITIONAL COST: Bring your own football or £2 to hire.

THE ‘GREEN IT’ CHALLENGE: (Hole 15, par 3, 45 yards) £5 entry although this is optional. If from the tee-off your ball finishes on the 6 metre green you TRIPLE your money. You must have the five pounds’ present at the 15 hole to be able to take part. Any winning will be paid out at the time.

PRIZES: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place as well as nearest to the pin and longest drive competitions.

WHAT TO WEAR: Football boots are not permitted, if found wearing them no prizes can be won. Astroturfs are the best footwear & if not then just trainers. Any type of clothing suitable.

TO BOOK A PLACE: Drop me a mail or message me on 07944209447 if you would like to play.

Thanks, Gavin Craig

Keep the names coming for the Ciar McPherson FootGolf Fundriaser folks. Great response so far!

Profit will go to SAMH, but going to use £55 of the money to buy a tile at Somerset Park in memory of Ciar.

This will mean that a little part of Ciar will always be with us at the games. Suggestions of what to put on the tile welcome! [emoji835][emoji836]

Realise its a bit late, but massive credit due to the club for the open day last week. Was the first one ive been to and took my 18 month old - obviously he doesnt know the players etc but still loved running about kicking a ball with his wee Ayr hoody on. Was brilliant at the end to see what had to be over 100 kids all in Ayr tops etc kicking the ball about on the park with the players and managers and even the dads, and the players all giving time for photos and selfies with the kids etc. Never had that when i was that age and can only be a 100% positive. These kids are the fans of the future and it looked like they all had an absolute ball.

Realise its a bit late, but massive credit due to the club for the open day last week. Was the first one ive been to and took my 18 month old - obviously he doesnt know the players etc but still loved running about kicking a ball with his wee Ayr hoody on. Was brilliant at the end to see what had to be over 100 kids all in Ayr tops etc kicking the ball about on the park with the players and managers and even the dads, and the players all giving time for photos and selfies with the kids etc. Never had that when i was that age and can only be a 100% positive. These kids are the fans of the future and it looked like they all had an absolute ball.

Good to hear - the club get allot of criticism for what they don't do but ultimately people don't realise how much work even running events like these involves.

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Class mate. Brilliant to hear!

6840e15ddf4fd2fb31c78f5dbf93dce5.jpg

I know this isnt facebook etc for posting pics of the weans, but this was my favourite one. Sitting on the centre spot looking at the Somerset Road End. All the stuff his grandpa and dad have seen in that net in the past, and who knows what he might see there one day. Mon Ayr!

43 minutes ago, Hursty said:

6840e15ddf4fd2fb31c78f5dbf93dce5.jpg

I know this isnt facebook etc for posting pics of the weans, but this was my favourite one. Sitting on the centre spot looking at the Somerset Road End. All the stuff his grandpa and dad have seen in that net in the past, and who knows what he might see there one day. Mon Ayr!

It was good of Gillie to show up at the open day.

So. What do we do on Tuesday? Send the full team out and demand a massive win to make up for today? Give the kids a game again? Cant have much faith in the young lads that play up front when Gilly was our last attacking sub today..

So. What do we do on Tuesday? Send the full team out and demand a massive win to make up for today? Give the kids a game again? Cant have much faith in the young lads that play up front when Gilly was our last attacking sub today..

I'd play the team that we'd play against Raith.

Hopefully we can win and score a fair few goals in the process which would give the team a boost ahead of our biggest game of the season.

Archived