Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I wouldn't be against signing Balatoni other than the fact he looked like he couldn't be arsed for the last quarter of the season, maybe not having a queue of suitors for him might motivate him a bit more to impress.

He was injured before the Dunfermline game and played on in the majority of games with it to be fair to him.  Probably didn't have a lot to give.  

Too slow IMO. 

Get real guys.  Balatoni is a championship standard centre back and would likely establish himself as the best defender in the league.  I really don't know if he was carrying an injury towards the end of last season or if his attitude was suspect.  He certainly wasn't the same player as when he first signed.  I'd be astonished if he ended up at Airdtie though - needs to shoot his agent.

Might need him after shipping three today.

After that performance from Reid it wouldn't surprise me if McCall tried to get someone in even if it was just a loan deal.

Maybe it's because he's better at CB but he was truly crap today at RB.

2 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Get real guys.  Balatoni is a championship standard centre back and would likely establish himself as the best defender in the league.  I really don't know if he was carrying an injury towards the end of last season or if his attitude was suspect.  He certainly wasn't the same player as when he first signed.  I'd be astonished if he ended up at Airdtie though - needs to shoot his agent.

He didn't show that very often. 

57 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

After that performance from Reid it wouldn't surprise me if McCall tried to get someone in even if it was just a loan deal.

Maybe it's because he's better at CB but he was truly crap today at RB.

Fergusson deserves a chance.  Or back to Geggan as he wasn't exactly shining at centre mid. 

Fergusson deserves a chance.  Or back to Geggan as he wasn't exactly shining at centre mid. 

Geggan is pretty solid in there. I'd imagine he'll play next to Docherty in the away matches until Adams is fit.

If Adams had played today Hamill would've been stretchered off after half an hour.

All the chat was that Balatoni was going to play abroad.  Personally I'd be happy to see him back.  Reid doesn't seem to be the steady Eddie type I thought he'd be and Rose looks great as long as he doesn't have to do any actual defending.  

Geggan is pretty solid in there. I'd imagine he'll play next to Docherty in the away matches until Adams is fit.

If Adams had played today Hamill would've been stretchered off after half an hour.

Let's hope there is a chance that Jamie will be back by Raith away! Particularly with Reid being awful at right back by the sounds of it.

I would class Reid as one of the worst right backs we've had in a while

Based on one game?

He was at fault for the first goal and after that his confidence was completely shot to bits. He'll be a solid enough defender at this level just think he's much more a CB than a RB.

Based on one game?

He was at fault for the first goal and after that his confidence was completely shot to bits. He'll be a solid enough defender at this level just think he's much more a CB than a RB.

Not one game Hibs for example he looks so uncomfortable playing RB but is solid CB

Not one game Hibs for example he looks so uncomfortable playing RB but is solid CB

The whole team was pretty poor for that game and as I said he's a solid enough defender for this league.

Luckily we won't be coming up against teams of Hibernians quality in this league.

Obviously if he continues making errors McCall might look into it but for next week at home I think Rose and Higgins will be our CB pairing with Geggan and Boyle on either side of them.

Archived