Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

AP says we're after two fan favourites to bolster our squad.

Any ideas ??

Andy Geggan and Moffatt apparently. Would be surprised if Geggan came back considering he's captain at Dunfermline but Moffatt has apparently moved back down to Ayrshire since the beginning of the year and his contract is up at Dunfermline i think.

35 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Andy Geggan and Moffatt apparently. Would be surprised if Geggan came back considering he's captain at Dunfermline but Moffatt has apparently moved back down to Ayrshire since the beginning of the year and his contract is up at Dunfermline i think.

There is absolutely zero chance of Andy Geggan coming back to Ayr :lol:

Trouten, maybe third time lucky and he actually does something in an Ayr shirt. 

I'd guess Moffat and maybe Craig Malcolm ? 

Doc getting talked up maybe means he'll be offered the same perks as Devlin last year to sign. Dundee United are announcing folk they have signed on pre-contract so it doesn't look like Devlin is off to them, yet anyway, Hearts are maybe waiting to see what happens with Paterson, but I'd be amazed if he was still with us for pre-season.

Moffat is really the only guy still playing that fits the bill as a fan favourite, though Kevin Cuthbert and Geggan would be welcome back.  Beyond that I'm struggling to think of anyone.  What's Craig Conway up to these days?

I listened to Ian McCall on Sportsound tonight and found it interesting that he appeared to find it funny that he relegated your lot.

However it must be promising that even at this early stage he is being very clear that winning the league is his aim.

Also noted that Cameron is the best chairman he's ever worked with, who'd have thought.

Probably that attitude that meant we showed zero fight pretty much for the entire last quarter that made sure we were relegated. 

He has improved the club since Roberts left but the football is still crap and we will have home crowds dipping under 1000 again next year, if we don't win the league, especially if Raith don't get relegated and we are full time, it will be a massive step back in terms of the apathy within the support. We need a McLeod type season next year and nothing in the last two years under McCall makes me think we will win the league at a canter if at all.

Imagine the scenes if we replaced Devlin with Pettifrew :lol:. Right back is going to be the hardest position to recruit as they are going to be compared with how Devlin done. If we brought in Geggan and Moffat that would be great business. Surely with him wanting to keep Doc, Adams and with Gilmour and Crawford under contract that would spell the end for Cairney? So as of now we have Fleming, Hart, Boyle, Crawford and Harkins under contract? 

Fully expect Doc/Forrest/Rose to stay and suspect Meggat could possibly stay.

I have no desire to see Geggan or Moff play for Ayr again.  I'd actually rather we went out and found good players rather than trying to convince folk to come back and be inevitably crap.  

Archived