Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

5 minutes ago, One John Doyle said:

Yeah let's get Mark Roberts back and see if we can make the playoffs for League Two.

"Remember where we were three years ago. It was a shambles when I got here" Ian McCall

#bestsinceally

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[emoji23] Yeah. McCall has completely turned the place around.
Everything is now wonderful.

Who said it was wonderful?

If you compare the playing squad to when he came in and the playing squad now then there is a big difference.

I’m guessing you’re talking about stuff happening off the park as you usually do but I fail to see how McCall can really do anything to change that.

Lads, what would happen in the event that it was a playoff final between Dumbarton and ourselves? As far as I’m aware the highest ranking team (in this case Dumbarton) always gets the advantage of being home in the 2nd leg. I’ve checked Wikipedia ( I know) and Dumbarton stadium apparently only holds 2020, I’d imagine we’d take easily 1500 to a second leg final. 

Lads, what would happen in the event that it was a playoff final between Dumbarton and ourselves? As far as I’m aware the highest ranking team (in this case Dumbarton) always gets the advantage of being home in the 2nd leg. I’ve checked Wikipedia ( I know) and Dumbarton stadium apparently only holds 2020, I’d imagine we’d take easily 1500 to a second leg final. 

This has crossed my mind a few times .move the game to st mirren .the big team are in town [emoji23]

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I know things haven’t been great last few weeks but we’re not at the stage of preparing for the play offs already are we?

We’re only one point behind ffs

We really needed to win on Saturday to have any chance at the title I feel. 

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I know things haven’t been great last few weeks but we’re not at the stage of preparing for the play offs already are we?

We’re only one point behind ffs

When are the play-off tickets out?

We really needed to win on Saturday to have any chance at the title I feel. 

I thought Saturday was a pretty decent result considering our form and the injuries. That’s now the 3rd game that we’ve played against Raith and I’m still not convinced they’re a better team than us.

There away form isn’t that great either and they’ve got to go down to Stranraer and win which isn’t easy despite the state they are in.

Raith won’t win every game from now on and will have blips. The hard part will be keeping up with them and taking advantage when they drop points.

Right this moment though I think we need a defender. Preferably left sided as a replacement for Higgins. If we’re serious about winning this league then we need the board to give McCall a bit more backing and sign a defender.

No doubt be a problem if either Rovers or Ayr play Dumbarton in the playoff final, maybe they’ll put up temporary stands like East Fife did against Sevco but I would think in that scenario they’d want to limit Ayr/Rovers fans to stop them turning it into a home game atmosphere.

Long way to go in what will be a close title race but out of fairness I think you lads should let us win the league as we’re really rubbish at playoffs and you lads seem to be able to win them. [emoji12]

Best of luck in your cup game.

If it came down to us or Ayr playing away to Dumbarton in the playoffs and there was talk of 1000+ away fans attending Dumbarton would simply make the game all ticket. That's probably as much as they can/will do due to their stadium capacity. 

You are being linked with taking Mark Kerr and Lee Miller on loan from us until end of season.

Mark Kerr would probably do a job but Miller would be a pretty bizarre signing considering we have 3 of the best strikers in the league.

Who said it was wonderful?

If you compare the playing squad to when he came in and the playing squad now then there is a big difference.

I’m guessing you’re talking about stuff happening off the park as you usually do but I fail to see how McCall can really do anything to change that.

Exactly!!

2 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I’m sure fans did that last year when they found out how much Dumbarton were charging for tickets. Might have been St Mirren.

Dumbarton were at home to St Mirren at the weekend and charging £22 for adults, scandalous, bad enough having to pay £16 to get into Somerset or whatever it is.

Archived