Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Just now, HeathrowAUFC said:

You could well be right, but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt before we read him his last rights.

He’s had it from me. Brian Reid had no where near the financial investment McCall has had and achieved more. No doubt no matter what league we’re in next year he’ll still be here. Our board wouldn’t have the backbone to get rid anyway. We’ll accept the failure.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to work out the car crash which has been the last 8 days and how we've royally bottled this to new levels in Scottish Football but i think people need to leave the knee-jerk reactions to 5 next Saturday when we'll really know what situation we're in.

Still a game to go and many times this season both teams have 'had the league in the bag' and we're now at the last game of the season and separated by only one point. Yes the table makes grim reading but they've got Alloa at home and Jim Goodwin says they won't be backing off, Raith are on a good run and with both of us stuttering all season it probably means it's due to come to an end for them hopefully next weekend.

As a team and a club we need to forget what's happened today and look forward to next Saturday, we need to come out in bigger numbers next week and if the unthinkable does actually still happen for us, nobody will be bringing up any of this sack McCall, Cameron and players or whatever.

He’s had it from me. Brian Reid had no where near the financial investment McCall has had and achieved more. No doubt no matter what league we’re in next year he’ll still be here. Our board wouldn’t have the backbone to get rid anyway. We’ll accept the failure.

I can see your mind is made up. Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm still trying to work out the car crash which has been the last 8 days and how we've royally bottled this to new levels in Scottish Football but i think people need to leave the knee-jerk reactions to 5 next Saturday when we'll really know what situation we're in.

Still a game to go and many times this season both teams have 'had the league in the bag' and we're now at the last game of the season and separated by only one point. Yes the table makes grim reading but they've got Alloa at home and Jim Goodwin says they won't be backing off, Raith are on a good run and with both of us stuttering all season it probably means it's due to come to an end for them hopefully next weekend.

As a team and a club we need to forget what's happened today and look forward to next Saturday, we need to come out in bigger numbers next week and if the unthinkable does actually still happen for us, nobody will be bringing up any of this sack McCall, Cameron and players or whatever.

I don't think that'll go away this week.

Offering respect for hanging on to our coattails and stating that I’d enjoy playing them 4 times next season translates in your tiny mind as some sort of sycophantic tribute! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There’s more than pish talk on football forums chief, not much I’ll grant you.

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Past the point of no return is he for you? Even if we go up  or by some miracle pull it off next Saturday.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Past the point of no return is he for you? Even if we go up  or by some miracle pull it off next Saturday.

The only way I think he’d deserve a crack at next season would be to win the league this season. If we somehow manage to win the league (we won’t) I’ll happily give him the benefit of the doubt to stay on and see how he does.

There were fans on here arguing that shankland wasn't the big loss everyone was making out. By f**k have they been proved wrong.
Could have scored a couple of goals in the second half with what we had.

Shankland wouldn't have been able to save that shitfest of a first half performance either.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

There were fans on here arguing that shankland wasn't the big loss everyone was making out. By f**k have they been proved wrong.

We've grown too dependent on him. Going back to how we were before he signed turned out to be not so easy.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

He's no better than Reid and as you say he's not had a lack of resources. For me if he wins promotion he should get a chance to keep us up as Reid did. If not, he should be sacked. Hopefully this best since Ally crap can be put to bed.

The most frustrating thing for me today was we had 1000+ fans and we totally shit the bed. Just like the Stranraer play-off final two seasons ago.

We always seem to play horrifically when the stayaways and new fans turn up.  Instead of building some feel good and retaining some of these fans we shoot ourselves in the foot! ARGH! 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He's no better than Reid and as you say he's not had a lack of resources. For me if he wins promotion he should get a chance to keep us up as Reid did. If not, he should be sacked. Hopefully this best since Ally crap can be put to bed.

The most frustrating thing for me today was we had 1000+ fans and we totally shit the bed. Just like the Stranraer play-off final two seasons ago.

We always seem to play horrifically when the stayaways and new fans turn up.  Instead of building some feel good and retaining some of these fans we shoot ourselves in the foot! ARGH! 

That's been happening for about the last 20 years barring a very occasional time.

TBF, McCall said the same pre-match on ALBA
Well he's obviously going to say that. The opposite would be suicidal.
Could have scored a couple of goals in the second half with what we had.

Shankland wouldn't have been able to save that shitfest of a first half performance either.
Shankland in the first half would've got us up the park. We were playing it long and nothing was sticking.

He's been brilliant at turning nothing into something.

Archived