Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Bus replacement service for the trains that day as well so means folk will just go on the bus.
What will be interesting to see is if the game goes all ticket....

What’s the capacity for the stand we were in last time?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

What’s the capacity for the stand we were in last time?

That wee tent doesn’t hold much, I know the ground has a capacity for 3000. If we were going there to win the league I don’t see any reason we wouldn’t have around 2000 travelling. They keep the main stand for Alloa and the other 3 for Ayr. Doubt that would happen.

Just thinking about the numbers we took to Airdrie and the amount we're expecting to take to Alloa.

When you compare that to our average away support of about 200 say it begs the question why the other 400 never go to away games.

I know the title is a big factor obviously but this shows that there is the potential numbers of supporters out there.

Think probably the Stranraer game at home on Saturday will create a better picture of how many extra fans are going to games at the moment than usual.

Surely though with us going into the Championship full time and with the aim of cementing a place in that league we should be aiming to consistently take 4/5/600 to every away game.

Same with the home crowd which I have to say has been poor numbers wise at times this season considering what we've achieved so far. If we want to grow we have to be looking at a minimum of 2/2,500 at every home game surely.

6 buses now full for Alloa - I tried to book this morning but no spaces, to try back this afternoon and see if theyve got another bus booked
I must have been lucky and got one of the last seats because I got on last night after I saw that post on Facebook.

Astonished they've all filled up so quickly, as someone mentioned think the trains to Alloa are off that day so probably more taking the bus.

Would expect they'll get more on somehow because they won't want to turn down supporters.

8 hours ago, wuffster said:

Anyone suggesting players from this season are let go need to have a word with themselves. Season not won.

No one has said the season is won. Fans can talk about hypothetical scenarios if they want to.

I must have been lucky and got one of the last seats because I got on last night after I saw that post on Facebook.

Astonished they've all filled up so quickly, as someone mentioned think the trains to Alloa are off that day so probably more taking the bus.

Would expect they'll get more on somehow because they won't want to turn down supporters.

Aye. I'd normally have done this one by train but think I read back when the tie got switched that it's replacement buses at some point on the Ayr - Glasgow line and also from Falkirk to Alloa.

22 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye. I'd normally have done this one by train but think I read back when the tie got switched that it's replacement buses at some point on the Ayr - Glasgow line and also from Falkirk to Alloa.

The Ayr to Glasgow line is ok, but buses are from from Glasgow to Alloa, plus even having to change buses at Stirling. Best avoid if you can. Damn you Alba.

The Ayr to Glasgow line is ok, but buses are from from Glasgow to Alloa, plus even having to change buses at Stirling. Best avoided if you can.

Ah cheers - even worse then!

Not to worry, just had a message back from Travel Club, seats on bus booked [emoji106]

10 hours ago, wuffster said:

Anyone suggesting players from this season are let go need to have a word with themselves. Season not won.

In fairness I doubt the players are scrolling through Pie and Bovril going "Aw, Ayrunitedfw thinks I should be released at the end of the season so I'm just going to stop trying. As good as this season has been there is still a massive gulf between League 1 and the Championship. In order to stay up theres no doubt we have to improve in certain areas of the pitch.

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Declan McDaid- He’s like a typical winger, inconsistent but when he’s on his game he is brilliant. Probably my YPOTY and really hope we can keep him but think there was talk of Dunfermline sniffing about him so may not be possible. 

Was sat next to a scout on Saturday who had come to watch McDaid for Preston.  He claimed to have watched him a lot; that Sunderland were also interested; that PNE had put a bid in for him in the last window (wouldn't say how much) but no director could be found to authorise the sale (srsly???).  He was adamant that McDaid was the best player "by miles" in the team; that he was wasted on the right and should be on the left; that Shankland would be found out playing at a higher level ("he's playing against plumbers now - wait till he's up against full-time pros").  He left as soon as McDaid went off.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

Just thinking about the numbers we took to Airdrie and the amount we're expecting to take to Alloa.

When you compare that to our average away support of about 200 say it begs the question why the other 400 never go to away games.

Well to be fair not everybody has the money to go to the away games, especially people who take their kids with them to the football. It's hard times for a lot of people when they have mortgages/ rent and other bills to pay.  These bills and family comes first before any football game.  I'm just glad the people who have booked up already are making the effort to get to this game at Alloa.

Was sat next to a scout on Saturday who had come to watch McDaid for Preston.  He claimed to have watched him a lot; that Sunderland were also interested; that PNE had put a bid in for him in the last window (wouldn't say how much) but no director could be found to authorise the sale (srsly???).  He was adamant that McDaid was the best player "by miles" in the team; that he was wasted on the right and should be on the left; that Shankland would be found out playing at a higher level ("he's playing against plumbers now - wait till he's up against full-time pros").  He left as soon as McDaid went off.

He sounds like a bit of a moron.

35 minutes ago, Rector said:

Sounds like the same clown that told me PNE were going to put in an offer for Mickey Donald lol.

I nearly sharted I laughed so hard. 

Think he’s talking shite.

Archived