Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

22 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Classic wee team behaviour, overlooking a potentially damaging result in preference for schadenfreude.

Last night was a great point for Ayr. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sylvester said:

That late goal & point in difficult conditions could be crucial come the end of season 

It wasn't the worst performance considering the swirling wind we were up against but heads might have gone down a wee bit if we lost, should just kick on now. 

On 12/03/2018 at 06:27, Hazbart said:

Clearly you don’t understand it.

The money is for the playing budget not to subsidise gate prices which could potentially see the club lose out on income they would otherwise have received.

Sorry,  just seen your reply. 

Yes, I do clearly understand it. Fans pay money into a transparent players fund that goes straight to enhancing the playing budget, thus a better product on the park. I do understand the concept. 

My point wasn’t about subsidising the money going into the club, it was about the club ‘giving and not just receiving’.  I.e dropping the price for those that can’t afford to go. Thus enhancing the atmosphere.

Or...just return money paid in by giving the fans shares! Better than buying a fucking tile. 

Yes, I do clearly understand it. Fans pay money into a transparent players fund that goes straight to enhancing the playing budget, thus a better product on the park. I do understand the concept. 
My point wasn’t about subsidising the money going into the club, it was about the club ‘giving and not just receiving’.  I.e dropping the price for those that can’t afford to go. Thus enhancing the atmosphere.
Or...just return money paid in by giving the fans shares! Better than buying a fucking tile. 

If you’re against it then don’t contribute to it. You’re not forced to so it’s not a big deal.

I think the player fund is a great idea but you need more contributions to make a big difference. It shouldn’t be a case of you pay money into the fund in the expectation that you get something back in return.

50 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Moaning about the club generating income and a fund that you don't pay into and aren't obligated to. Peak Ayr fan rumbling & mumblings.

I didn’t once say, I didn’t ‘pay into’. Just don’t agree with giving money for ‘nothing’.  Ayr United isn’t a charity!  We as supporters buy season tickets, pay at the gate, pay into the lottery, buy replica tops and merchandise, buy half time draw tickets and support the travel club.  “Rumblings and mumblings”? 

To be fair , some of the money invested was used to support the salary of Lawrence , great incentive and I think if you look around the leagues there are a number of clubs doing the same thing , its not about wanting something back in return for your money apart from a decent team on the pitch 

32 minutes ago, Waniche said:

I didn’t once say, I didn’t ‘pay into’. Just don’t agree with giving money for ‘nothing’.  Ayr United isn’t a charity!  We as supporters buy season tickets, pay at the gate, pay into the lottery, buy replica tops and merchandise, buy half time draw tickets and support the travel club.  “Rumblings and mumblings”? 

So you do pay into the fund? after saying you don't and won't support it. And it's not money for nothing, the team gets an extra squad player or two, but it sounds like you personally want something out of it, maybe they can get you a certificate made up or something.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So you do pay into the fund? after saying you don't and won't support it. And it's not money for nothing, the team gets an extra squad player or two, but it sounds like you personally want something out of it, maybe they can get you a certificate made up or something.

I want something ‘personally out it’? Aye fucking right! Only way I got my shares was through my grandfathers inheritence. So I put £20 a month of my hard earned coin into paying others wages, whilst already pay my way? Yes I want a certificate, might look nice to the last signed Ayr testimonial top in my hall. 

It's matter of personal choice, I don't pay into the fund but support the club in other ways with my season ticket and merchandise purchases. 

Personally, for me to contribute more it would have to be linked to shares. That said, I think the fund is a great initiative its just not for me. 

6 hours ago, Waniche said:

So you still don’t get it.

The fund provides additional income for the club through the generosity of supporters to sign players not to subsidise gate prices for those who can’t afford it.

What constitutes “can’t afford it”? Under what circumstances do you qualify for these reduced prices and what if someone who qualifies as can’t afford it usually manages to scrape together £17 and goes every other week, who makes up the additional shortfall in the clubs finances?

You’re right through, AUFC isn’t a charity, but is it really a business? Business’ usually make profits. As a shareholder you’ll know what the dividend payment has been for the last 20 years.......

People know what they are getting in to with the player fund. It's fine that it's not for you. Interesting that you only have a problem with it now (i.e. when we are doing well). Looking to sell the shares?

You do come across as a bit of a miserable cu

Archived