Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same squad as last week minus Bell you would imagine. Seems a good time to give Faulds a start in CM to see how he does, but got a feeling he will play Moffat in there. Just hope we don't get any more injuries.

Same squad as last week minus Bell you would imagine. Seems a good time to give Faulds a start in CM to see how he does, but got a feeling he will play Moffat in there. Just hope we don't get any more injuries.

I have a feeling that we could have a new player in midfield for Saturday.

You heard something or just a total guess? I’m hoping the former. 

Nope just bored

Strong rumours from Falkirk that Kerr and Loy could be out the door tomorrow. Hoping we pick up Kerr. Had hoped for Craigen but he’s off to Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Off topic just watched a documentary about black players in britain and the abuse that they suffered .was wondering who was the first black player to play for ayr United can any1 help with this? .cheers

Alain Horace the first i remember, but surely there was a  black player before him at Ayr

Alain Horace the first i remember, but surely there was a  black player before him at Ayr

D’Jaffo and Sylla were both there at the same time although they might’ve been a season or two after Horace.

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Given the fact reoccurring injuries seem to be a theme of his tenure I’d suggest it’s not a coincidence. 

Look at the players the same ones being injured every season  maybe why there in league1 with us

Alain horrace was the first I remember .apparently we had a Nigerian boy couple seasons before npt got a name though .
Kelechi Okori?
There was also Jose Fortes from the Stainrod era.
Before that i remember a guy playing for the reserves under Ally. I think his name was Bernie Livrefois and he had played for the American Olympic team

12 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Nope just bored

Strong rumours from Falkirk that Kerr and Loy could be out the door tomorrow. Hoping we pick up Kerr. Had hoped for Craigen but he’s off to Dunfermline.

Confirmed that Craigen has signed for Dunfermline, at least it’s not Raith and given the amount of ex pars in our squad I suspect he’ll be an Ayr player once Dunfermline are finished with him. 

Archived