Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think thats us probably done in terms of incomings.

Hope not, we need another centre half if we're being serious about winning this league.

Geggan unlikely to be back until Jan 27th v Queens Park. Can't put a date on Docherty or Crawford. Not ideal at all

How can Docherty go from being 50/50 to being unable to put a date on it.

Surely they must know a ballpark estimate. Are they out for the season, a couple of months, what.....

Fair play to bell on getting this deal. Last crack at full time for him. Has came a long way since having a really bad injury before he signed for us. Was out for a couple of years if my memory serves me right. Think he only signed a short term deal and ended up playing over 100 games for us. He will give you cover in centre mid and centre back. Gives 100% every game. Good signing for Ayr. 

Considering the seriousness of his injuries and time spent out the game, it possibly says a lot about his ability and/or attitude to remain playing at a decent level. How many guys would end up in the juniors or out the game completely in cases like his? I don't know the answer to that, I think I'm just hoping we've got a really good pepper here.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Considering the seriousness of his injuries and time spent out the game, it possibly says a lot about his ability and/or attitude to remain playing at a decent level. How many guys would end up in the juniors or out the game completely in cases like his? I don't know the answer to that, I think I'm just hoping we've got a really good pepper here.

My opinion he will be as good as what you already have in centre mid. Yes he had bad injuries but with full time training he should really kick on. Not sure how many days he will train a week with his job. Comfortable on the ball and not scared to put a tackle in. Think he might surprise a few of the Ayr faithful if am being honest 

Glad he's signed for this season but i'm not sure about next season aswell with us planning to be in the Championship, he'll be 33 by next season and will be past it for that level in my opinion.

Jamie Adams is younger at 30 believe it or not and i would say he's a doubt as to whether he'd be worth taking into the Championship again.

16 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

They already got Gilmour, that's enough.

Assume it's Crawford, suppose  we'll find out next season with whoever signs for Aberdeen.

20 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Has to be Crawford surely. I think to be honest it could be a blessing in disguise that he's injured at the moment. If he hadn't been i think we could have got an offer for him this month.

They already got Gilmour, that's enough.
Assume it's Crawford, suppose  we'll find out next season with whoever signs for Aberdeen.

I think you’ve misread the article.

McInness wanted Moult and McGinn if he was to take the job.

Rangers told him “no”, that the players they wanted him to bring in were Jordan Jones and an Ayr player where he then stated he wouldn’t even sign them for Aberdeen

Glad he's signed for this season but i'm not sure about next season aswell with us planning to be in the Championship, he'll be 33 by next season and will be past it for that level in my opinion.
Jamie Adams is younger at 30 believe it or not and i would say he's a doubt as to whether he'd be worth taking into the Championship again.

That is the worst thing I've ever heard, who is going to kick and kill players while some how not getting sent off ?

37 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Sounds like the author couldn't be bothered to look at the Ayr website or pick out someone slightly close to being on an premier teams radar. Jordan Jones isn't even the best player at Kilmarnock.

Reads like a first year book report, Thesaurus was in full effect for the last two overly wanky sentences. 

Sounds like the author couldn't be bothered to look at the Ayr website or pick out someone slightly close to being on an premier teams radar. Jordan Jones isn't even the best player at Kilmarnock.
Reads like a first year book report, Thesaurus was in full effect for the last two overly wanky sentences. 

The fact that he actually refers to Rangers as ‘Sevco’ shows how amateurish it is. Surprised he never said Kris Boyd instead of Jones.

Archived