Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I agree that we've been riding our luck recently, however 2-0 up at home to the team at the bottom of the league, with less than 20 mins remaining and absolutely pounding them, to then end up with a 3-2 defeat surely is a bit of a freak result.

Hopefully, not to be repeated...............

The same happened to us a couple of seasons ago at home to dumbarton i think it was. 3-0 up with 10 mins to go and sailing. we lost 4 - 3. No such thing as a freak result, you relax and pay the penalty.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

The same happened to us a couple of seasons ago at home to dumbarton i think it was. 3-0 up with 10 mins to go and sailing. we lost 4 - 3. No such thing as a freak result, you relax and pay the penalty.

It was away to Dumbarton and we drew.

It was a perfect storm yesterday.

A couple of those saves from the forfar keeper were just ridiculous. Balls just hitting him.

On top of that the subs were definitely an error from the manager. He took the game for granted.

But there's a psychological weakness to consider as well. We should've had plenty of experience to shut that game out. That's a really bad sign.

Then we've got our weakness at the back. From the highlights I'm not sure that any of the goals could be blamed on Hart. That just seems very harsh. But there were chances to clear some of those balls - and panic definitely set in.

And then you've got the fact that they took the three chances they had, including a lovely free kick. On another day we survive a scare.

All in all, a very poor result.

I would have Rose ahead of Balatoni any day. Rose is improving but thebproblem is we do mot have any holding midfielders at present so the defence is more exposed. At 2-0 we were cruising and playing well. Turning points were not the substitutions but when the ref bottled it and didn't send off the full back for his assault on Forrest and then the soft free kick that led to their 1st goal.  After that their keeper had a couple of miracle saves before the roof caved in. It was  a freak result and hopefully we will bounce back at Stranraer but we are missing our captain, Robbie and a fit Geggan.  We need a GK or at least an experienced back up.

I'm going to go against the grain, I wouldn't bring in a keeper as number 1, fair enough getting a back up, we've went this long with the boy and we're still up there, if, and it's a big if, we can go up with the boy as number 1 it'll do his confidence no end of good, a centre half and holding midfielder for competition will do us fine.

On 12/31/2017 at 00:13, pandarilla said:

He didn't say that, he said today we were 'ridiculously unlucky'.

I've discussed this issue a lot regarding Scotland (where luck is an even bigger factor due you the fewer games). And just to be clear, it's not about giant slices of luck here and there - it's the little things that can go for you or against you in so many aspects of the match.

Far, far too many football fans treat the game like it's a science - choose option A, get result B. But it's more a case of percentages.

Far, far too erudite for this forum..........;)

I'm going to go against the grain, I wouldn't bring in a keeper as number 1, fair enough getting a back up, we've went this long with the boy and we're still up there, if, and it's a big if, we can go up with the boy as number 1 it'll do his confidence no end of good, a centre half and holding midfielder for competition will do us fine.

I'd agree with this.

So aye, we saw that Hart is a bite shite, and that you wanted another keeper.

But we kinda miss Raith....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2038807/rangers-lee-robinson-dunfermline-queen-of-the-south/

There's genuinely no other reason that's acceptable.

Is Sean Murdoch not good enough for you?

I’d happily take him

McCall saying he's going to ask the board for an experienced midfielder in one loan as Docherty,  Crawford and Geggan aren't going to be back any time soon by the looks of things. 

Presume he has somebody in mind who he would wish to get on loan and McCall was as professional as ever with the mars bar in the interview.

McCall saying he's going to ask the board for an experienced midfielder in one loan as Docherty,  Crawford and Geggan aren't going to be back any time soon by the looks of things. 
Presume he has somebody in mind who he would wish to get on loan and McCall was as professional as ever with the mars bar in the interview.

Is there many midfielders out there available on loan?

Noticed that Mark Kerr was released by Falkirk. He plays midfield and would know McCall from his first spell at Falkirk and Dundee United.

Archived