Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

I'd say ayr have a better squad than arbroath, wouldn't you? You only have to look at the current league positions

I'll go by the 2 games against them, they wouldn't bother playing games if league position was all that mattered.

I'll go by the 2 games against them, they wouldn't bother playing games if league position was all that mattered.

The most recent being a 4-1 win away from home. As I've said already, ayr have a better squad and therefore should be able to win this game.

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

The most recent being a 4-1 win away from home. As I've said already, ayr have a better squad and therefore should be able to win this game.

I think that was the game where we should have been trailing by a couple, our fanbase suddenly appears to full of billybigbaws.

I think that was the game where we should have been trailing by a couple, our fanbase suddenly appears to full of billybigbaws.

Yeah they created a lot of chances but they still lost 4-1.
Looking at their squad and then at ours there’s not one player in the Arbroath team that would get in our team.

Looking at their squad and then at ours there’s not one player in the Arbroath team that would get in our team.

Thomas O’Brien is in my opinion the best centre half in the league. Scott Martin would surely get into your team too, guy should be on loan in the Championship never mind L1.

FWIW. The only Ayr players I would want are all strikers. Think that’s what separates you from the rest in a big way.

Wouldn’t be fussed about anyone else. Some other good players there, Crawford, Docherty and McDade but not sure I’d be wanting to give up any of our players for them.

Thomas O’Brien is in my opinion the best centre half in the league. Scott Martin would surely get into your team too, guy should be on loan in the Championship never mind L1.

FWIW. The only Ayr players I would want are all strikers. Think that’s what separates you from the rest in a big way.

Wouldn’t be fussed about anyone else. Some other good players there, Crawford, Docherty and McDade but not sure I’d be wanting to give up any of our players for them.

O’Brien is a good centre half at this level but there are defenders in this league who could play in the Championship. Chris Higgins being one of them. Scott Martin wouldn’t get in our midfield ahead of Crawford, Docherty, Adams etc.

I’m not being arrogant but I genuinely believe there are only 2 or 3 players in this league that would get into our team.

O’Brien is a good centre half at this level but there are defenders in this league who could play in the Championship. Chris Higgins being one of them. Scott Martin wouldn’t get in our midfield ahead of Crawford, Docherty, Adams etc.

I’m not being arrogant but I genuinely believe there are only 2 or 3 players in this league that would get into our team.

O’Brien has played and captained a team in the Championship. Dundee United wanted him but he couldn’t do full time with his career. Martin is on the verge of Hibs first team and started a few games for them last season.

And you’re probably correct in a way cause it is a very good team you’ve got. But personally don’t think there’s anyone that’s that much better than a lot of the other teams.

Twice I’ve seen you lads now, and I think the real difference between yourselves and other teams is the guys you’ve got up top. Can be playing shite but got real class uptop that will get you goals. Backed up by a steady solid group of players then you can see why you’re doing well.

Moffat/Moore and Shankland being better than Buchanan/Vaughan and Spence could decide the title.

19 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

On the same park there's not between both teams, certainly not enough to say we should beat them.

Hardly acting the "billybigbaws" when I say that I expect ayr to beat arbroath at home. I'm sure most people including neutrals would bet on ayr to win after looking at the recent form of both teams and some of our recent performances eg raith at home. Can only assume you don't attend many games and are a member of the "mccall out" brigade.

Just now, Rodders1910 said:

Hardly acting the "billybigbaws" when I say that I expect ayr to beat arbroath at home. I'm sure most people including neutrals would bet on ayr to win after looking at the recent form of both teams and some of our recent performances eg raith at home. Can only assume you don't attend many games and are a member of the "mccall out" brigade.

Let's be honest here, Raith are playing shite at the moment, placing a bet on anything doesn't equate to "they should win", there are people backing 25/1 shots all day every day, they don't all think they should win.

For what it’s worth I think Ayr will win too. Maybe using the wrong term by saying expect though. Definitely favourites.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

For what it’s worth I think Ayr will win too. Maybe using the wrong term by saying expect though. Definitely favourites.

Of course they'll be favourites.

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'll let you off with that bottom sentence given that you don't watch Ayr as often as we do, but let me assure you that you most certainly would be wanting Robbie Crawford in your team.  

I see there's been a complaint made against us regarding announcing the team against Banks O'Dee. McDaid apparently wasn't listed on the bench on the team sheet. Hopefully just a mistake from them and not from us, would be extremely disappointing to get booted out with a winnable tie to get into the last 16 in the next round.

Archived