Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SRE at 4:46 on a Saturday: Ayr don't win a game "McCall has to go". Ayr win a game "Where are all the complainers now?"

See the Chairman was at the game today, wonder if he was just down for a visit, or if he's working on something, considering he was down not that long ago with his girls team.

Reminder that Alan Forrest is still part of the team, I really can't see when he is going to get to play. I think his best position is where Moff plays, but even if Moff gets injured I think McCall is more likely to play the two (Moore & Shankland) forwards instead

The SRE at 4:46 on a Saturday: Ayr don't win a game "McCall has to go". Ayr win a game "Where are all the complainers now?"
See the Chairman was at the game today, wonder if he was just down for a visit, or if he's working on something, considering he was down not that long ago with his girls team.
Reminder that Alan Forrest is still part of the team, I really can't see when he is going to get to play. I think his best position is where Moff plays, but even if Moff gets injured I think McCall is more likely to play the two (Moore & Shankland) forwards instead

I kinda feel sorry for him in a way. Couple of years ago he was our brightest spark and undoubtedly a good player. Don’t know how he’s not kicked on from it though. You can say McCall ruined him all you like but I don’t buy it. I’d say it’s more down to his attitude and the fact that no one knows where his position is.

The hardest part of putting the 100 goals together was getting game/scorer info for games more than a couple of years ago. I tried a few but they all had errors and missed games. The SPFL website makes you search all competitions separately (not including Scottish Cup obv) and the SFA website doesn't list scorers. Is there a good website?

The hardest part of putting the 100 goals together was getting game/scorer info for games more than a couple of years ago. I tried a few but they all had errors and missed games. The SPFL website makes you search all competitions separately (not including Scottish Cup obv) and the SFA website doesn't list scorers. Is there a good website?

Great work mate .as always

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

Maybe try Soccerbase head to head for the games you want? Once they come up click in the info sign for the match details.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd

Arbroath, East Fife, Stranraer and Forfar just can't handle The Moff.

Been our ultimate bogey man. Even when he was at Dunfermline, everyone was talking about it being a sure thing before our last encounter at Somerset.

Left me fairly pissed off on numerous occasions. [emoji1]

On 20/10/2017 at 13:59, callum-ayr said:

Up in Aberdeen for a few days and just passed this, never realised it was actually in the city.

IMG_0935.thumb.JPG.ec60e96dd7ab6a8d6612fa62fe4b5d06.JPG

Yeah it's about 20 min walk from Train station, and there's f**k all pubs nearby. Taxi from city centre is best bet.

Do we reckon that's our wee blip over then? 4 clean sheets in our last 5, top scorers in Scotland, injuries all back and serious selection problems .(in a positive way!) 14 points from our last 18 as well.

The next few weeks are big, the match v Arbroath will be big, but we seem to be better away from home, still fancy us. That then gives us a little rest going into the Raith game at home and they play on the Saturday before which should give us an advantage as they could pick up an injury etc. Having the Raith game on the Tuesday I think could be good for us, better athmosphere at night. Would love it if the club could get the away end opened for us that night. 

Still not 100% on mccall but agree with him, the team need more from the supporters, especially at Somerset.

Archived