Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Fox was one of two I was thinking of. I remember it being that the third choice (McGovern I think) at Celtic got injured and they wanted someone sitting in the stand.

The other was Shaun Hutchinson who agreed to a loan back in 2010 and would have played had every game in December not been postponed. In the end Craig Brown left Motherwell for Aberdeen and the loan never happened.

A couple of others to add, turns out one of our former U20's Siriki Dembele has ended up at Grimsby and I also forgot about Gary Miller who we had on loan years ago who I at Plymouth.

Could always add Dylan McGowan, Louis Longridge, James Forrest, Barrie McKay and David Templeton as subs in order to get to 18.

On 22/09/2017 at 08:46, Shibuya said:

We are anything but a long ball team.

There's nothing wrong with long ball football if it's done properly, the tippytappy pish followed by a high ball towards 2 or 3 small guys v a big defence that's had time to regroup is the biggest waste of time in football, we've made it an art form in recent years when our limited range of ideas don't work, it's crept in more and more as the season has progressed and it's fucking brutal to watch, if you only have 2 plans and one of them is that pish just stick to plan A and hope it works at some point over the course of 90 minutes.

Archived