Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

11 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

If we're lucky and Geggan and Crawford can play on Saturday then we'll probably look something like this

Hart

Reid
Rose
Higgins
Ferguson

Gilmour
Geggan
Crawford
McGuffie

Moffat
McDaid

Well we're getting pumped.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still some spaces for anyone who would like to take part in the Fudraiser tomorrow evening in memory of Ayr United supporter Ciar McPherson.

You may sign up individually and I can put you into a 4 ball.

FootGolf at Roodlea
6pm, £20 entry
Astroturfs or trainers only

Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, longest drive and nearest to the pin comps!

PM me or text me on 07944209447 to book a place.

If anyone would like to donate to the FootGolf SAMH pot PM or text me. The grand total will be announced tomorrow night, not long after the event.

Thanks, Gavin

16c75d7d6fa1e1420e11a0a17ea5b4ad.jpg

Support the team all the way but the quicker folk see through the shitter of a manager the better. The post you were replying to originally was me pointing out McCalls flaws and this was the reply I got. What I'm trying to point out is the post was thought out and not out of rage from a defeat against a very impressive Hibs team.
Maybe take other opinions on board before putting the blinkers on a going on the full defensive when someone doesn't agree with you thinking

I'm sorry but you've waited another couple of weeks to dig up an old argument.

It appears that every time we lose or have a bad news story you jump in with negativity. That makes it look like you want shit to go wrong - just so you can be proved right.

I apologise for the rather barbed response - I read your post just as I got the call telling me to come into hospital (which was expected but I was probably still a bit raw).

I'm sorry but you've waited another couple of weeks to dig up an old argument.

It appears that every time we lose or have a bad news story you jump in with negativity. That makes it look like you want shit to go wrong - just so you can be proved right.

I apologise for the rather barbed response - I read your post just as I got the call telling me to come into hospital (which was expected but I was probably still a bit raw).

The only thing I want is to be proved wrong!!
The previous argument after the Hibs game was ill timed. That Hibs team will probably finish top 6 and had nothing to do with my opinion. What did rile me up was The McCall love in and the constant bull shit coming out our managers mouth. The one thing I've constantly "moaned" about is the squad depth. At the beginning of the season he promised 18,then cut that to 16 and now we've got a potential 6 pointer with 7 first teamer out. To go with that we have absolutely nothing in reserve to bring in. After the bullshit excuses with a forward last season and no wide players if you looked between the lines you could see this coming a mile off, but everyone seemed to think MCCALL could do no wrong.

No need to apologise we both care in different ways about our club. Good luck with the hospital.

Surely McCall would want another signing or two if the money was available?

Have we got 16? And how does our squad size compare with everyone else in a similar position?

I don't think he can do no wrong. I just think he's a decent manager at this level and is the best man for the job.

The wages/bonus issue and the lad supposedly being left in hospital don't sound good. But I've not seen any real evidence to make me think he's doing anything wrong.

Not sure I see the reasoning behind making the injury list public 4 days before the game, seems like a bit of an advantage to Raith having time to prepare for it. Unless McCall is pulling a fast one and come Saturday there's only 2 or 3 out.

Surely McCall would want another signing or two if the money was available?

Have we got 16? And how does our squad size compare with everyone else in a similar position?

I don't think he can do no wrong. I just think he's a decent manager at this level and is the best man for the job.

The wages/bonus issue and the lad supposedly being left in hospital don't sound good. But I've not seen any real evidence to make me think he's doing anything wrong.

It's not how the squad size compares it the type of player we have. The squad he has assembled is very similar and there's not much room for change.

There's every chance he does want more players but why come out at the beginning of the season when he knew his budget and make statements about bringing players in but it never coming to anything.

As for him being the best man for the job if that's your opinion your more than entitled to it but for me he's massively out of touch and out his depth in modern football and has shown that by making the same mistakes. He had a good first 12 months but from the second half of his first full season he's made the same mistakes and his records no great.

The only thing I'll say on the bonuses is there's people on hear in the know and no ones came forward to say it's pish.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the FootGolf Fundraiser in memory of Ayr United supporter Ciar McPherson this evening in torrential rain!

I am delighted to announce that the profit made (minus £55 for the tile) was £500 which will be going to SAMH. I'm thrilled with this amount considering the weather and it was only 14 days ago in which the event was organised!

The tile at Somerset Park is going to say:

'There's only one Ciar McPherson
1993-2017
Viva la Ciardo'

I am going to be working alongside Sainsbury's Prestwick to do a FootGolf Fundriaser on Sunday 25th February. This will be in aid of Ayrshire Cancer Support.
Details shall be posted nearer the time.

Thanks, Gavin

11 hours ago, GavMan_AUFC_1910 said:

Thanks to everyone who participated in the FootGolf Fundraiser in memory of Ayr United supporter Ciar McPherson this evening in torrential rain!

I am delighted to announce that the profit made (minus £55 for the tile) was £500 which will be going to SAMH. I'm thrilled with this amount considering the weather and it was only 14 days ago in which the event was organised!

The tile at Somerset Park is going to say:

'There's only one Ciar McPherson
1993-2017
Viva la Ciardo'

I am going to be working alongside Sainsbury's Prestwick to do a FootGolf Fundriaser on Sunday 25th February. This will be in aid of Ayrshire Cancer Support.
Details shall be posted nearer the time.

Thanks, Gavin

Well done on organising all that Gavin.

Was gutted I couldn't play last night, but having looked out the window at 7pm last night and seeing the monsoon that was occuring, at least I saved myself from the inevitable wet arse that I'm sure a few players suffered! 

VLC.

Archived