Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with the 2 above. For me, same team but Reid or Ferguson at Rb and Geggan in midfield.

Hart

Ferguson
Rose
Higgins
Boyle

McDaid
Docherty
Geggan
Crawford

Moffat
Moore

Just a shame that Adams isn't back as it's the big games that he'll be needed most

Hart

Ferguson
Rose
Higgins
Boyle

McDaid
Docherty
Geggan
Crawford

Moffat
Moore

Just a shame that Adams isn't back as it's the big games that he'll be needed most

Team that should have started today IMO.

Adams will be one of our main men this season

19 minutes ago, Hursty said:

So. What do we do on Tuesday? Send the full team out and demand a massive win to make up for today? Give the kids a game again? Cant have much faith in the young lads that play up front when Gilly was our last attacking sub today..

Would say after going by what i've heard about todays performance Tuesdays game could be a banana skin now if we go with the same team.

Not suggesting making wholesale changes but certainly maybe the likes of Gilmour, Ferguson and McGuffie starting.

It looks to me that you can clearly see Forrest has bulked up around the shoulders this season, but he still got pushed around far too much today. I think he's best suited just behind the striker, but Moff has that covered and I'd play Crawford there before Forrest.

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Would you swap Hart for any other keeper in this league?

Right now I'd swap him for any other keeper at the club never mind the league

He reminds me of Allan Hutton/ Greame Smith/Craig Sampson, capable of some outstanding saves but will concede goals due to being too far off his line, out of position, not coming for a cross, too quick to punch rather than catch.

He is a decent keeper as opposed to a good or even great goalkeeper, Cuthbert is a good goalkeeper, as was Fleming, the last great keeper we had was probably Ludo Roy 

Right now I'd swap him for any other keeper at the club never mind the league

He reminds me of Allan Hutton/ Greame Smith/Craig Sampson, capable of some outstanding saves but will concede goals due to being too far off his line, out of position, not coming for a cross, too quick to punch rather than catch.

He is a decent keeper as opposed to a good or even great goalkeeper, Cuthbert is a good goalkeeper, as was Fleming, the last great keeper we had was probably Ludo Roy 

Assuming you mean David Hutton and not Allan Hutton, you honestly think we have the worst keeper in the league right now? He is a young lad who pulls off some superb saves. Fleming was vastly overrated due to the penalty saves.

Edit to add - those guys all came to us as 'experienced' keepers. Dunfermline fans said Fleming was shite!

Just now, Hursty said:

Assuming you mean David Hutton and not Allan Hutton, you honestly think we have the worst keeper in the league right now? He is a young lad who pulls off some superb saves. Fleming was vastly overrated due to the penalty saves.

I don't think that and didn't say it, I think we have an average, flashy goalkeeper who doesn't do the basics right most of the time and no real backup

18 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It looks to me that you can clearly see Forrest has bulked up around the shoulders this season, but he still got pushed around far too much today. I think he's best suited just behind the striker, but Moff has that covered and I'd play Crawford there before Forrest.

It'll take Forrest at least a good 6 to 9 months of seriously hard grafting at the weights to see a big difference in proper core strength, by hard graft I mean pounding heavy weights for his size, IMHO he should have been on them years ago as it takes a long while when you're not taking the shit as a helping hand.

I don't think that and didn't say it, I think we have an average, flashy goalkeeper who doesn't do the basics right most of the time and no real backup

I would agree with this.

He's definitely a good shot stopper but he seems over eager to jump into areas to try and get the ball when the defence is more that capable of dealing with it.

He also seems to be more vocal than Fleming ever was and better with the ball at his feet

Archived