Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not sure if this the Chairman's official Twitter page or just a spoof. It's putting Killie hater in his bio that's throwing me off.

FireShot Screen Capture #032 - 'Lachlan Cameron (@lachlancameron) I Twitter' - twitter_com_lachlancameron_ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwg.png

That's his account 

I wonder if playing Gilmour up front for the last 20 yesterday was a wee hint to the chairman about wanting another striker

Hopefully we make a bit of cash from playing Hibs and even more if we beat them. Put that together with the money we've made from winning the group and we might be able to cobble enough together to sign someone.

I don't believe there isn't enough in the budget to sign anyone tbh. We must have spent a lot more on wages last season on pt players surely we can get one or two in now

It's either a ploy by McCall to try and say to any targets not to demand large wages and get them in cheaper or he's telling us not too expect much more in terms of signings.

I doubt he's spent all the cash this early on. He'll be waiting to see which player are available on loan now that the league cup is over or see what players are still kicking about looking for clubs after the Championship clubs have passed on them.

11 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

At some point I'm gonna make a top ten of Khalil's greatest hits from the SRE FB. His response to the guy that posted a picture of the framed montage he got made is my new no.1

You need to have a swatch of the guy that suggested we should be signing Jermaine Pennant on the SRE FB. Absolute minter.

16 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

You need to have a swatch of the guy that suggested we should be signing Jermaine Pennant on the SRE FB. Absolute minter.

Literally was coming on here to post the same thing. What a complete roaster, pretty sure he was the same guy that suggested we should have a boycott last season.

3 hours ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Could do a job. 

I haven't been on the SRE because it replaced the Honestpage and it went in to the toilet because of the roasters on it a year or two before it was put out of its misery. Does WillieH post on it? I saw him on the BT coverage having the cheek to celebrate the goal against Killie. probably the only time for two hours he wasn't shouting about how shite we are

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I haven't been on the SRE because it replaced the Honestpage and it went in to the toilet because of the roasters on it a year or two before it was put out of its misery. Does WillieH post on it? I saw him on the BT coverage having the cheek to celebrate the goal against Killie. probably the only time for two hours he wasn't shouting about how shite we are

Do you mean that William Hetherington, gets right up ma goat the old c**t. If you stand in the North Terrace you can't help but hear his pish. Last season was particularly bad, he never shut up for the whole of the games. I had to go up to him and have a word with him at one point, waste of time, in one ear and out the other. He's the same on Facebook, only posts on the Ayr page when there's a loss, never a word when we win. He does not take a telling, and this is the guy that's been called out by Devlin and Balatoni in different games and he still continues.

Do you mean that William Hetherington, gets right up ma goat the old c**t. If you stand in the North Terrace you can't help but hear his pish. Last season was particularly bad, he never shut up for the whole of the games. I had to go up to him and have a word with him at one point, waste of time, in one ear and out the other. He's the same on Facebook, only posts on the Ayr page when there's a loss, never a word when we win. He does not take a telling, and this is the guy that's been called out by Devlin and Balatoni in different games and he still continues.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Roberts not call him out at one point and ask him to sit in the dugout for a game?

Or am a way off in thinking that?

Genuinely despise that guy and his nonsensical amateur football style ramblings. As if he thinks he is in charge of a coaching session.

Need to move if I'm anywhere near him at a game.

10 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Roberts not call him out at one point and ask him to sit in the dugout for a game?

Or am a way off in thinking that?

He did, and we marginally improved in he 30 seconds he was there

Archived