Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be other clubs starting to have a look at this guy.....

Would have thought maybe this time next year there might be rumblings of him getting into the first team squad, especially in pre-season.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

There will be other clubs starting to have a look at this guy.....

Would have thought maybe this time next year there might be rumblings of him getting into the first team squad, especially in pre-season.

Think he might be playing a year ahead of his age so could be a bit longer before the first team. 

15 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Think he might be playing a year ahead of his age so could be a bit longer before the first team. 

Correct. He started last season in the u15s before being moved up to the u17 team.

21 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Correct. He started last season in the u15s before being moved up to the u17 team.

Was also in the 20s squad for a few games. Was in for the experience, never played. Built like a guy who would be playing that level. 

If you look closely enough, he is in the pictures of the squad at Culzean last week, doesn't even look out of place physically wise there!

So we won't be seeing him in a first team shirt for a good few years. I do hope that they don't just punt him for a quick buck

I think that decision will lay more with the lad than and his parents than the club if he turns out to be good enough. Playing for Scotland at under 16 level does not guarntee a player is gonna make it... played alongside a former Ayr player at junior level with a lad who represented Scotland at under 18 level.

On 28/07/2017 at 09:01, mugen_power said:

12 but he's been beasting the protein shakes and testosterone pills 

Oh you :lol:

The lads 16 I think. Knowing his dad who is a youth coach with Ayr (and a die hard fan) he'll want him to develope further with the club and McCall having him train with the first team just shows the potential. Still a year or 2 away from being able to play at this level, but one who I'm sure will play Junior level very soon and that will only help the lad.

7 hours ago, conley said:

I think that decision will lay more with the lad than and his parents than the club if he turns out to be good enough. Playing for Scotland at under 16 level does not guarntee a player is gonna make it... played alongside a former Ayr player at junior level with a lad who represented Scotland at under 18 level.

Whilst playing for Scotland U16 didn't used to guarantee anything it may be different now as a lot of these guys are also attending performance schools. Not sure if this will also help smaller teams keep hold of players longer as they will get enhanced opportunities without feeling the need to join a bigger club. 

I'm just hoping Davie White doesn't start waxing lyrical about young Finn, Troon 'n' Talbot will be waiting with bated breath.

Archived