Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Ferguson was rank tonight, put it down to his first home game but he doesn't look match fit either, and giving that goal away won't have done his confidence much good either.
1350 Ayr fans was pretty good for a Tuesday night, and putting five in is the best way to get them back.
Good to see M & M on the scoresheet, they were buzzing after getting their goals.

I thought Ferguson did pretty well. Gave away the goal but set up the equaliser. Didn't really do anything wrong afterwards. He won't be a regular starter but he put himself about and I thought he did ok.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Just thought I'd revitalise this thread with a reminder of absolute jobbers, dobbers and throbbers from recent years. You're all welcome.

150px-Austin_McCann_-_Ayr_United_2013.png

009__034__players__Ryan_Caddis__1321008832_standard.jpg

andy%20reid.png

21162471125.jpg

_42894865_barryjohncorr203.jpg

JS11215609.jpg

Maximum respect for anyone who names them all.

The airdrie boy looks like he's pished.

McCann is no jobber, promotion winning hero.

:lol:

Very harsh saying ferguson was rank, young boys first start for the club, gave away the ball for first goal but didn't let it get to him and went and set up the equaliser. 

Moff, Moore, Crawford and Mcdaid all chipping in with goals is excellent, crawford and Mcdaid's confidence must be very high just now both scoring yet again. The goals for moff and Moore will do there confidence all the best aswell! Excited for the season ahead. 

Gilmour wasn't on the bench tonight and there was no mention of him being injured in the match preview.

Imo I'd have the young boys on the bench over him. He's perfectly capable of playing in this league but I'd only play him if we get overloaded with injuries.

3 wins from 3. Looking really good on the park from what i have seen.

Need some more folk on here greeting about the season tickets being a few days late and the club not sending out taxis to take fans to Somerset IMO. Went a bit quiet in the last week or so.

Sack the board

Etc

My thoughts on tonight:

Did not think we were great for 75% of the game (which is a great thing to say btw). Thought we looked quite disjointed in the first half, let Clyde start well and a poor goal to concede. We then played ourselves into to game and deservedly lead at half time without really looking fantastic. 

Seconf half we pressed on and Crawford and McDaid were standouts penetrating the Clyde defence. Moff and Moore and creating a great partnership, but we need another striker to offer a different option. Thought Doc was solid defensively, but sloppy on the ball. Ferguson done well bar the error for the goal. Hart needs to become more confident with his defence, but that will come with consistent games. Leon Murphy had some nice touches on the ball and I'd like to see him start on Saturday.

Lots to be positive about and more to come from this team!

Imo I'd have the young boys on the bench over him. He's perfectly capable of playing in this league but I'd only play him if we get overloaded with injuries.

Maybe he's got Rangers training on a Tuesday night.

Maybe he's got Rangers training on a Tuesday night.

Yeah he's obviously stayed part time and McCall realised having him is better than having no one. Even if he only plays a handful of games he's another option we have when we start getting injuries. It stops us from being heavily reliant on untested youth players or playing players out of position.

Yeah he's obviously stayed part time and McCall realised having him is better than having no one. Even if he only plays a handful of games he's another option we have when we start getting injuries. It stops us from being heavily reliant on untested youth players or playing players out of position.

I'd rather he agree to move on and free up the wages for a ft player in a different position, or spend it on a seagull exterminator, or more bins.

Just thought I'd revitalise this thread with a reminder of absolute jobbers, dobbers and throbbers from recent years. You're all welcome.
andy%20reid.png
21162471125.jpg
JS11215609.jpg

Was Auzzie McCann really that bad? Shame.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Was Auzzie McCann really that bad? Shame.

No.  Mark Roberts had some plan to play him at centre back rather than left back where he'd never really played as far as I could see.  That was the official line anyway.  The reality is Roberts signed McCann then his pal Marc Twaddle and found he had 2 decent earners who could only play one position.  I think McCann was as surprised as anyone to find himself playing centre back.  His legs had gone a bit, but he was far from the worst player I've seen at Ayr.  He reverted to left back towards the end of the season when it became evident Twaddle had chucked it and did a decent enough job.  We had way bigger problems during the Roberts era.

17 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

andy%20reid.png

21162471125.jpg

JS11215609.jpg

Well done to all participants, see answers below:

1. Austin McCann: No highlights in an Ayr shirt. Absolutely none. Regularly outpaced and a prime example of Mark Roberts 'Aw he's ma pal, al sign him' signing policy that he never, ever learned from.

2. Ryan Caddis: Highlight - Initially appearing to be a twinkle-toed wet dream, he then stepped up to take a penalty vs Dunfermline in the Cup. Aw the Motorola Pebl's were oot to video the goal. Penalty saved. Career never recovered.

3. Andy Reid (shockingly enough): Highlight - Through on goal vs Stranraer at the Somerset Road End in the last minute to win the game. Kicked the ground and fell over. 

4. David Dunn: Highlight - Being an absolute bampot. A rousing cheer going up from Ayr fans when he was sent off in one particularly grim home game.

5. Barry John Corr: Highlight - Being hooked at half time when we were being soundly pumped by Caley Thistle. Booed off at half time and never appeared again.

6. Ian Cashmore: Highlight - The regular feeling of mortal danger when standing behind the goal during his warm-up shooting efforts. Then hammering one in against us for Stirling Albion in his first game after we got rid.

12 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Well done to all participants, see answers below:

1. Austin McCann: No highlights in an Ayr shirt. Absolutely none. Regularly outpaced and a prime example of Mark Roberts 'Aw he's ma pal, al sign him' signing policy that he never, ever learned from.

2. Ryan Caddis: Highlight - Initially appearing to be a twinkle-toed wet dream, he then stepped up to take a penalty vs Dunfermline in the Cup. Aw the Motorola Pebl's were oot to video the goal. Penalty saved. Career never recovered.

3. Andy Reid (shockingly enough): Highlight - Through on goal vs Stranraer at the Somerset Road End in the last minute to win the game. Kicked the ground and fell over. 

4. David Dunn: Highlight - Being an absolute bampot. A rousing cheer going up from Ayr fans when he was sent off in one particularly grim home game.

5. Barry John Corr: Highlight - Being hooked at half time when we were being soundly pumped by Caley Thistle. Booed off at half time and never appeared again.

6. Ian Cashmore: Highlight - The regular feeling of mortal danger when standing behind the goal during his warm-up shooting efforts. Then hammering one in against us for Stirling Albion in his first game after we got rid.

99% correct but it was County who were shagging us the day of BJ Corra horror show :thumbsdown

One of the worst Mark Roberts signings. 

Weird that, he was out his depth in the Premiership, however he performed better than Boyle who would go on to have a solid time at this level with Airdrie.
He was also imo one of the best left backs the season before in the currently named championship.
No.  Mark Roberts had some plan to play him at centre back rather than left back where he'd never really played as far as I could see.  That was the official line anyway.  The reality is Roberts signed McCann then his pal Marc Twaddle and found he had 2 decent earners who could only play one position.  I think McCann was as surprised as anyone to find himself playing centre back.  His legs had gone a bit, but he was far from the worst player I've seen at Ayr.  He reverted to left back towards the end of the season when it became evident Twaddle had chucked it and did a decent enough job.  We had way bigger problems during the Roberts era.

He played CB once, wasn't pretty.

Did yous not also sign Alex Burke?

Archived